Need rear coil spring opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok guys, this week I plan on ordering my bilstein 5100 leveling shocks for the front of my '12. I am sks going to order bilsteins for the rear and a set of coils to help raise it back up and eliminate sag.

I constantly have a 300lb loaded toolbox in the bed, it never comes out, so I'm already a little squatted from the factory ride height and anytime I throw anything else in the bed the sag gets worse. I hauled 500 lbs of playground sand and I had about 2" between the fender and top of the tires. So I need stouter coils or I will really look goofy sagged out with the front end lifted 2-2.5 inches.

I'm trying to decide which coils will best suit my needs. I would like to be about 1-2" above factory ride height (with my toolbox in the bed) to still have a rake with the level installed. That way when I load the bed up or hook up a trailer I come down to level or have only very minimal sag.

I'm looking at the tuf truck TTC-1223 & TTC-1223v as well as the super lift 140 (2" lift) coils. The 1223 will certainly add lift (I've read 2-4 inches) and the 50% capacity but I don't want to have to much lift and have a huge rake, I'm thinking that won't be a problem since I constantly carry 300 lbs in the bed but I need someone's experience with these to be positive. The 1223v I'm afraid won't have enough lift (factory ride height) but the capacity will be there. And the super lift 140's will have enough lift but I don't know if they will increase the capacity or not. I'm really leaning toward the 1223 from everything that I've read, I just want to make sure I do this right the first time around.

Any and all input and experience is welcome. I've read every thread I could find on here and various other forums, but I couldn't find anywhere that gave comparisons of these coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phrater

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Express crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would probably go with the 1223. I have the 1223V and the ride height is the same as stock. Distance from ground to fender is 39.75" on the left side, 40.75" on the right. I'm going to put a 1" spacer on the left side soon.

There is a post in the tow/haul section that compares the different tuftruck springs.

OP
OP
V

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the way I'm leaning. Everyone seems to like the 1223v but just like yours every experience I've read say they are the stock ride height. I don't want to buy coils and then have to buy a spacer, so I'm thinking the 1223's are the way I need to go.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out this post , it's on the SL 140 s , and if your gonna install the bills yourself check out post #26 as well . It has a few helpful tips and things to watch out for that shops and individuals sometimes overlook on the install , which requires removal to fix it .

Hope this Helps you Sir !

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=79370&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

OP
OP
V

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I got a response back from the guys over at tuff truck and they said that the 1223 will be the best fit for me. So it looks like I will be ordering them this week. As soon as I get everything in and installed I will be sure to post pics in the bilstein thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMIMS37