Need some help on more mods to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm currently got the hemi fever and trying to get as much mods in before I get my custom tune in a week or two. Heres where I'm at. Keep in mind I am a cali truck. Carb stuff is best unless its an easy swap out like a tb.

Flowmaster fx bolt in
Fan delete
180tstat
Jba shortly headers
AFE cold air intake
Diablo t2 tuner with pcm
Catch can
Wideband

Things I'm considering
1. Camshaft probably won't have time to install it until summer.
2. TB read alot of yes and no's about it
3. Ported ram intake manifold mmk
4. Shutter delete

Future (still day dreaming about): pro charger.

Any advise welcome or what am I missing.

I know I know shortly headers are no good. But I'm in Cali and don't want to deal with long tubes and cats.

Thx

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm currently got the hemi fever and trying to get as much mods in before I get my custom tune in a week or two. Heres where I'm at. Keep in mind I am a cali truck. Carb stuff is best unless its an easy swap out like a tb.

Flowmaster fx bolt in
Fan delete
180tstat
Jba shortly headers
AFE cold air intake
Diablo t2 tuner with pcm
Catch can
Wideband

Things I'm considering
1. Camshaft probably won't have time to install it until summer.
2. TB read alot of yes and no's about it
3. Ported ram intake manifold mmk
4. Shutter delete

Future (still day dreaming about): pro charger.

Any advise welcome or what am I missing.

I know I know shortly headers are no good. But I'm in Cali and don't want to deal with long tubes and cats.

Thx

Throw a small 75 shot of nitrous on it,the Hemi's love nitrous,and you should be able to get it past your local smog inspection.

the_goodguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice ! How do you like the jba shorty headers ? Ordered the afe shorty headers , hopefully getting them this week .

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Throw a small 75 shot of nitrous on it,the Hemi's love nitrous,and you should be able to get it past your local smog inspection.

I was also considering this. I drive this truck everyday and like that on demand power. Don't want to twist, switch, than go.

I am considering buying another truck for work since I already put so much in to my ram. Make it my weekend truck. If I do than the nitrous would be a good option.

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice ! How do you like the jba shorty headers ? Ordered the afe shorty headers , hopefully getting them this week .

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I haven't installed them yet. Haven't had a weekend free yet. I did inspect them for poor welds with a light. They look good. Still worried with all the bad reviews.

20210213_161755.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was also considering this. I drive this truck everyday and like that on demand power. Don't want to twist, switch, than go.

I am considering buying another truck for work since I already put so much in to my ram. Make it my weekend truck. If I do than the nitrous would be a good option.

They'll swallow nitrous alot more reliably then they'll take boost. There's probably less then 10% of boosted Rams that don't blow up,90% of them scatter parts everywhere,especially if you like to drive them hard,while 95% of the nitrous fed Rams are still running strong,lol. I have close to 600 nitrous passes and probably another 100 to 150 street passes on my truck,plus over 50,000 miles of semi spirited street driving,there isn't a boosted Ram out there,that can boast those kind of numbers,mind you i'm not stupid or greedy with the shot,i only run a 75 shot the majority of the time,but my 4X4 gives stick Hellcats fits at the track.By the time you're done building a relaible boosted 5.7 you'll have kissed probably close to $15,000 or more away,and that still won't build you a boosted 5.7 that'll make it to a 100,000 miles.Your call,but you couldn't give me a boosted 5.7 and the head aches that go along with it,i'll stick to nitrous motors,they're cheaper and more reliable,lol

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They'll swallow nitrous alot more reliably then they'll take boost. There's probably less then 10% of boosted Rams that don't blow up,90% of them scatter parts everywhere,especially if you like to drive them hard,while 95% of the nitrous fed Rams are still running strong,lol. I have close to 600 nitrous passes and probably another 100 to 150 street passes on my truck,plus over 50,000 miles of semi spirited street driving,there isn't a boosted Ram out there,that can boast those kind of numbers,mind you i'm not stupid or greedy with the shot,i only run a 75 shot the majority of the time,but my 4X4 gives stick Hellcats fits at the track.By the time you're done building a relaible boosted 5.7 you'll have kissed probably close to $15,000 or more away,and that still won't build you a boosted 5.7 that'll make it to a 100,000 miles.Your call,but you couldn't give me a boosted 5.7 and the head aches that go along with it,i'll stick to nitrous motors,they're cheaper and more reliable,lol

You really know *********** a dream hahahaha

Great info appreciate it. Just to spend 7g on the charger is going to hurt. Can't imagine a blown engine than building it up for the charger.

I'll look deeper into into nitrous.

One question I would have is would I need to separate tunes. N/a tune than Nitrous tune than switch on fly as needed?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You really know *********** a dream hahahaha

Great info appreciate it. Just to spend 7g on the charger is going to hurt. Can't imagine a blown engine than building it up for the charger.

I'll look deeper into into nitrous.

One question I would have is would I need to separate tunes. N/a tune than Nitrous tune than switch on fly as needed?

That would be your best set-up,but if you keep it to a 75 shot,you can get away with just 1 tune,alibit it won't be dialed in perfectly for either N/A or Spray,but it'll be close enough to live with.Or if you find a good tuner they can set you up with a N/A tune,and then set it up so as soon as you push the tow/haul button it would activate your nitrous tune. Mine is set up so as soon as tow/haul is engaged it pulls a bit of timing and raises my shift points.Don't get greedy with the nitrous pills and the motor will live all day long. You're not going to be anywhere near the fastest Ram out there,unless you have at least 60G to spend on the truck,so don't get greedy

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a click away from getting a 85mm throttlebody. $500 Kinda hard to swallow just for min gains.

Looked alittle into nitrous. I really don't like the fact you have to warm the bottle, have to recharge it once a week. I do got a heavy foot at times.

Maybe I just need to take a break and go with a cam next.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm a click away from getting a 85mm throttlebody. $500 Kinda hard to swallow just for min gains.

Looked alittle into nitrous. I really don't like the fact you have to warm the bottle, have to recharge it once a week. I do got a heavy foot at times.

Maybe I just need to take a break and go with a cam next.

If you're hung up on boost,build the motor first. Other option is price out a brand new SRT 6.4 motor instead.It'll be cheaper then building the 5.7 ,and won't be all that far down on power in comparision,plus it'll be easier to keep alive over the long run,especially if you have a heavy foot. BTW search the blower builds on here,every one of them has blown up,lol. Probably the cheapest way to have a reliable boosted Hemi,is buy a Hellcat take out,or crate motor

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a sucker. I purchased a 85 tb. Figured buy it all now before I get my tune. Hate to be paying for another tune just for one bolt on in the future.

Looking forward to my hemifever tune.

Looking into some high flow cats now. That should be a nice addition

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This looks like a good y pipe. Wonder if it will throw codes?

Screenshot_20210218-153218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I'm a sucker. I purchased a 85 tb. Figured buy it all now before I get my tune. Hate to be paying for another tune just for one bolt on in the future.

Looking forward to my hemifever tune.

Looking into some high flow cats now. That should be a nice addition
Hemifever will update tune for you at no charge for added bolt-on.......cam change is extra.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It will, I have kooks. Mine used to set every few weeks. Last summer it was setting every other day. Get it tuned for it. For me, it's annoying having to erase codes.

Install anti-foulers on the back 02's,they should cure the code issue. I'm running no cats on my wifes untuned 2019 Challenger with no codes using anti-foulers.Google them if you don't know what they are

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Install anti-foulers on the back 02's,they should cure the code issue. I'm running no cats on my wifes untuned 2019 Challenger with no codes using anti-foulers.Google them if you don't know what they are
Considered it. Still need tune updated. Once I do that, I'll see how it performs & what the PCM is doing. If I'm not happy, then I'll add those. Summer project though. I'd be going from 90 octane 5.7 tune to 93 6.4. Too big of a jump for my liking in the middle of winter.

EDIT: knock on wood, spoke too soon. 420 & 430 set today

Last edited:
OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever will update tune for you at no charge for added bolt-on.......cam change is extra.

I knew it. I swore i read that somewhere when I was first looking into hemifever tune. But once I was ready to purchase it I couldnt find the fine print about free updates.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Considered it. Still need tune updated. Once I do that, I'll see how it performs & what the PCM is doing. If I'm not happy, then I'll add those. Summer project though. I'd be going from 90 octane 5.7 tune to 93 6.4. Too big of a jump for my liking in the middle of winter.

They might set you back all of 20 bucks for a pair of them,i'd throw a set in instead of having to look at the light on the dash constantly,you can leave them in place even after your tune is tweaked.
Even on Canuck Amazon they're less then 20 bucks Canadian,your local Auto Parts store should have them in stock.I usually buy them from my local Napa.

Dorman 42009 Spark Plug Non-Fouler - 18mm Gasket Seat, Pack of 2, Spark Plugs - Amazon Canada

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did my 85mm bbk tb install. Diffenity got alittle more pull out of it. With the tune i hope to get more out of it. I get my t2 tuner tomorrow. I won't lie ill be seating in front of my garage waiting all day for usps.

Still need to install headers and possibly order the kooks y pipe tonight. Need to do some more research.

I guess the big question is if its worth it? My stock cats have to be the last real restriction left.

20210219_172929.jpg