Need some help on more mods to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kinda disappointed. I was on the freeway way today and another ram 1500 rolled up next to me. So we did a little speed run 65 to 100. And man we were even head to head.

Difference I can say for sure is he was a 2 door lifted 4x4. I'm a 4 door, couple hundred lbs in tools. Also had another passenger with me. I would think I would had that little extra pull on him with my mods.

I did install my hemifever tune but just didn't feel as good as the Diablo can tune. Need to follow up with hemifever with data logging. That's my little rant. I need more power!
Manually shift it next time, try a 60 roll. 3rd gear. My reg can always pulls on the four doors, even when it was only 93 can tuned. Then again, maybe he was tuned as well. Don’t be disappointed, we’ve all been there. Line up with a Silverado (4.8 or 5.3) , you’ll feel better.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get a mean looking trailer hitch cover. Adds 1000% to the BS power.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you think the canned tunes are as good as or better than your custom Hemifever tune, I agree you need to do some data logging and talk to Sean about what is going on. The difference between the canned tunes and the custom tune should be like night and day. Something weird is going on
Jay

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you think the canned tunes are as good as or better than your custom Hemifever tune, I agree you need to do some data logging and talk to Sean about what is going on. The difference between the canned tunes and the custom tune should be like night and day. Something weird is going on
Jay

I agree completely

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jay

Couldn't load the hemifever tcm tune also. Gave me an error than reloads the stock tune. So I'm still running the Diablo tcm can tune also. Reason I haven't followed through yet is ill be installing the headers this weekend.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Old school trick is to pound a punch or chisel through the cats and gut them yourself,not saying you should do it,just passing the old school tip on,lol

Save the palladium from the cats!! It's worth big $$$

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Kinda disappointed. I was on the freeway way today and another ram 1500 rolled up next to me. So we did a little speed run 65 to 100. And man we were even head to head.

Difference I can say for sure is he was a 2 door lifted 4x4. I'm a 4 door, couple hundred lbs in tools. Also had another passenger with me. I would think I would had that little extra pull on him with my mods.

I did install my hemifever tune but just didn't feel as good as the Diablo can tune. Need to follow up with hemifever with data logging. That's my little rant. I need more power!

***** ain't it. That's where gears plays a roll unless you got supercharger plans

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at cams now on moes web page. Looks like some 3.92 and a limited slip is next on my list. Need to do some homework. Need to choice best cam that will keep me safe with smog.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Looking at cams now on moes web page. Looks like some 3.92 and a limited slip is next on my list. Need to do some homework. Need to choice best cam that will keep me safe with smog.

A cam without chop will keep you safe.

What year ram is it?

Rwd or 4x4? Missed that somewhere

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
***** ain't it. That's where gears plays a roll unless you got supercharger plans

If you're referring to 3.21's compared to 3.92's there isn't going to be squat as far as differance goes Red on a roll race from 65 to 100.The only place 3.92's shine is out of the hole after that,transmission gearing takes over.Once those 3.92's shift out of 1st gear,the 3.21's that are still in 1st gear have the torque advantage,and keep the torque advantage all the way up.You gotta remember the 3.92's are going to shift into the next taller gear long before the 3.21's are going to shift,and on every gear change the 3.91's loose the torque advantage.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

If you need to pass smog,you might also want to look at Jay Greene's smaller cams,as they don't require a phazor limiter. I think all of Matts/Moes cams do require a limiter.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
If you're referring to 3.21's compared to 3.92's there isn't going to be squat as far as differance goes Red on a roll race from 65 to 100.The only place 3.92's shine is out of the hole after that,transmission gearing takes over.Once those 3.92's shift out of 1st gear,the 3.21's that are still in 1st gear have the torque advantage,and keep the torque advantage all the way up.You gotta remember the 3.92's are going to shift into the next taller gear long before the 3.21's are going to shift,and on every gear change the 3.91's loose the torque advantage.

I'm thinking more of he said he drove it often. Gears makes a big difference in these trucks. But I agree in a 60-100 roll race that kinda coin doesn't get the return.

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 8spd 2wd running 29in tires

It's a daily truck that does carry a small load of tools. I'm more of a red light kinda fun guy.. Freeway I always take an easy and if I do its a very short run to 100mph than I back off.

Was doing alittle digging and came across this. https://www.intercotire.com/tire_size_change_gear_ratio_calculator

Stock is 33 inches, I'm currently at 29 inches, ratio is 3.21. That puts me at 3.65 ratio. I'm going to say that is probably good enough and not worth me changing. The limted slip would be nice but not currently having traction problems yet.

Looks like I'm going cam next.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From all my recent cam searching, it seems jay’s .5 hl cam is what I’m going with as it doesn’t require the need for a taller converter. Also keeps the truck useable as a truck, so I’m told. Not as much chop as I’d like, but converters aren’t cheap and I just bought a CTS-V, so if I wanna race I’ll take the car out lol. The 8spd trucks may be able to accept a higher lift cam than 6spd, due to stock converter differences. Maybe Wild One knows some more info.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
From all my recent cam searching, it seems jay’s .5 hl cam is what I’m going with as it doesn’t require the need for a taller converter. Also keeps the truck useable as a truck, so I’m told. Not as much chop as I’d like, but converters aren’t cheap and I just bought a CTS-V, so if I wanna race I’ll take the car out lol. The 8spd trucks may be able to accept a higher lift cam than 6spd, due to stock converter differences. Maybe Wild One knows some more info.

I'm running Jays 1.5HL cam with 3.55's and the stock convertor,off the bottle it could definitely stand more convertor that's for sure,but on the bottle the stock convertor works good. I usually only spray a 75 shot,and the stock convertor actually works really good with the 75 shot,as nitrous creates instant torque. I wouldn't go any bigger then the 1.5 with the stock convertor ,i think Jays .5 would be a better choice for just a bolt on truck

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sent Jay a message and he sent me a message right away and said he will be happy to help me choose the best cam for me next week. He won't be back till than.

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally took a pic of the ram. Here is how she sets right now. Still need to install ihc rear lowering kit. She'll drop another 1-2 inch in the rear. Would love to go more but need that extra gap any heavy loads.

I know we all like pics!

20210304_070227.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Finally took a pic of the ram. Here is how she sets right now. Still need to install ihc rear lowering kit. She'll drop another 1-2 inch in the rear. Would love to go more but need that extra gap any heavy loads.

I know we all like pics!

View attachment 239942

That's a sharp looking toy Posjr:waytogo:

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

I know we all like pics!

View attachment 239942

Do you have any issue with driving and rolling down your windows?