Never done component speakers before, but want awesome sound quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilarson007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7L V8
So let me just start by saying that I do believe that I have pretty good ears for this kind of stuff, as I used to play several instruments, and I can hear a difference between my stock audio setup from 2004 and most premium audio setups from newer cars today.

That being said, I am looking to get very rich sound. Essentially, to me, my stock setup sounds like ear buds, and I'm looking for rich creamy audio like you'd get from vinyl.

About my truck... It's an 04, quad cab, but super basic, so I think it only has 6 speakers, dash, and the 4 doors.

Now, I know I just said I want rich, balanced sound, but that being said, I like my bass, and for the most part I like it when it's louder than it should be lol. I understand what balanced sound is from playing in band in HS, and I like more bass than that.

That being said, I don't want to do subs because I use the storage under my rear seat, and don't want to lose it lol.

So I'm thinking I want to do components with an amp up front, and something I can use to pump bass out of the rear. I already have a cheap pioneer HU, I'd like to keep it if possible. I Bluetooth my phone to it, and that's how I do the majority of my music.

Now, budget.... I'm not opposed to spending a good chunk of change on this, but it's definitely NOT unlimited... Start talking prices and then I'll let you know if I need to reconsider components.

J.Wal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I ran Polk audio in my F150 with a 44 watt amp pushing them.. Loved the quality of Polk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk