New 2014 Black on Black Edition Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ditto to the constantly! I love mine when clean, but I will never have another black vehicle. White was so much easier to keep up.

Only way I found to keep my black 1500 cleaned was to keep the dust off on a daily basis. I did that by using a product from Adam's. That and a MicroFiber towel kept dust off and left the truck still shined. I tried one of those CA dust busters. All that did was to leave streaks in the dust unless you really put pressure on it and then you would end up with minute scratches.

Like you I thought a white vehicle would be easier to clean. That's why I bought the pure white Rubicon. I clayed and did a thorough detail on it when I got it home. Looked good but only lasted a day or so and you could see light dust all over it.

I completely wrecked the two back fenders on it with rock chips. Wider tires did a number on it. Can't find any after market fenders to put on it and sure don't want to down size the tires. So going to use the color chip method on the chips and a friend is going to put the clear plastic over both fenders.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Sweet truck! I do like those black editions.

The other day I was at the dealership dropping my wifes jeep off to get new tires and they were pulling a new 2500 CC Black Edition Diesel on a display pad.

I looked at my wife and asked if I could trade my new (14 Sport CC) in on it....

I got the "look".....I didn't press that one any further haha!

0.jpg

I was looking at one on a local dealers website
'14 2500 crew cab long bed 6 spd manual with every option but leather and it stickered right at $60k

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
yup have to wipe mine down daily, but my dark blue truck is the same way so this is nothing new to me lol

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good God that is insane...

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Another new owner chiming in…

The deals were just too good to pass up, nearly $10K off of sticker was silly.

I picked up my '14 Black Express on 2/14 (LOL, I know). It is the quad cab, 6-speed, 4x4 model with:

-3.55 rear
-"anti spin" rear differential
-Back up cam
-Dealer installed running boards

At the dealership:
IMG_2074_zps9e9128a0.jpg
IMG_2073_zps859a696c.jpg
First morning home:
IMG_2089_zps19f6ae6a.jpg

Truth be told, I'm not a "murdered out" kind of guy but the package added some really nice features to an Express and it really comes off as a seriously nice looking truck…so I bought it. I've received many compliments in the past month and a ton of "did it come like that?"

I don't plan on doing much to it…but the stock tires have to go…they really suck.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I might be joining the club too. I went in for a Big Horn but the pricing was a little heavy and I was about to scrap the whole new truck bubble and then I saw the black edition. It was like 3 or 4 grand cheaper and had most of the options I was looking for. Hemi/8 speed/392, plus buckets with console, the fancy radio, back up camera, factory sprayed bedliner, the dual exhaust and a bunch of other stuff. The only blatantly obvious thing missing was the rear sliding window. It's priced just at the 30k mark. I'm a chrome guy but this truck is hot. Waiting to hear the final numbers and if they jive I just might pull the trigger on it.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I might be joining the club too. I went in for a Big Horn but the pricing was a little heavy and I was about to scrap the whole new truck bubble and then I saw the black edition. It was like 3 or 4 grand cheaper and had most of the options I was looking for. Hemi/8 speed/392, plus buckets with console, the fancy radio, back up camera, factory sprayed bedliner, the dual exhaust and a bunch of other stuff. The only blatantly obvious thing missing was the rear sliding window. It's priced just at the 30k mark. I'm a chrome guy but this truck is hot. Waiting to hear the final numbers and if they jive I just might pull the trigger on it.

Wow...$30K for that? Is it a 4x2 standard cab by chance?

I looked within 100 miles of myself and couldn't find a single black express with those options. I found 1 8-speed, 4x4, crew cab and it had 3.55 with no Limited slip.

I didn't know you could get factory buckets with the console on an express. As a matter of fact, you can't even build one on the site with factory buckets...

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

Attachments

• IMG_4883.jpg
    IMG_4883.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

mine has a 392, 8spd, back up camera, color in dash screen, overhead console, and i got the dealer to add on the trailer brakes and hitch option, this truck was designed just for me it seemed like, literally exactly how id build a truck, short, simple, and fast haha

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
mine has a 392, 8spd, back up camera, color in dash screen, overhead console, and i got the dealer to add on the trailer brakes and hitch option, this truck was designed just for me it seemed like, literally exactly how id build a truck, short, simple, and fast haha

:beatdeadhorse5: ~ I know, I know! Can't stop posting about the all black grille that can come standard on the all black trucks. Again, if the factory can make them then they should be able to sell them to an individual.

What happens if you wreck an all black truck? Are they going to ship you another one but this time the grille and mess will be all chrome? They have to have a stockpile of these things but short of mugging a security guard, you won't get close to the wharehouse.

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
:beatdeadhorse5: ~ I know, I know! Can't stop posting about the all black grille that can come standard on the all black trucks. Again, if the factory can make them then they should be able to sell them to an individual.

What happens if you wreck an all black truck? Are they going to ship you another one but this time the grille and mess will be all chrome? They have to have a stockpile of these things but short of mugging a security guard, you won't get close to the wharehouse.

time to get a vin number from a BOB ram and try to request one, you can bet if i wreck this truck, i better get all black parts back on it

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Had to share the HDR version of this pic!

Attachments

• IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10,033

RAMAlaska

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 2013 Black Express, one of only 2 in Alaska that I know of. Do I get some sort of "early adopter" medal or something :(

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
time to get a vin number from a BOB ram and try to request one, you can bet if i wreck this truck, i better get all black parts back on it

Tks. Had the parts department call RAM two times, trying to order that grille for me. Their sticking to their guns and keep saying it can't be done.

Also just got off of a phone call with my Chrysler rep. She is refusing to fix the drivers seat on the Rubicon and also refusing to pay for different headlights for my 2500 and told me that my 2500 radio didn't have anything wrong with it, that all of them work that way. Well if working that way is wrong then there is a lot of "wrong" going on.

Then, "again," she informed me if I put in different headlights or even bulbs in the 2500, that would void the elec. warranty.

After all the vehicles I've bought from Chrysler, I'm done with them.