new 2015 RAM 2500 Laramie CrewCab! woohoo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
So, traded in my 2010 1500 SLT with a 4.7L v8. This new truck is freaking amazing! I have never purchased a brand new vehicle. I didn't really need the diesel, but I wanted it. Was going to be like a 5k difference with the dealer I was at and the discounts available. I figure if I'm going to pay for 6 years, the diesel will be worth more and not be considered super high milage after 20-25k miles per year.

I got the black appearance group, and it's a Crew Cab. It has much more space than the quad cab. I had to get the dealer to activate navigation on it, which they'll do when I get back to them during the week. It's a smidge higher than my leveled 1500, and it a bit difficult getting in and out without step bars. I'm not small, 5'11"

Attachments

• 20141220_141623.jpg
    20141220_141623.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 22,349

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a nice looking truck. Makes me want to go trade mine in.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Thanks. Just got it home, has like 28 miles on it now, lol. It's great. I'm still not used to it yet, but I'm sure that'll pass. I hope I'm one of the guys who gets 18+ mpg, I know different users post different results, and I'm mostly highway driving. I usually just drive back and forth to work, and occasionally tow my 16' aluminum boat. I just love the black appearance, no outside chrome. It does have some chrome accents on the inside, but carpet/seats are black, with just a tid bit of wood on the dash/doors.

I see you have a 14', that'd be a pretty big hit to trade it in right now. Unless the dealership really wanted to sell more trucks to make end of year quota.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Thanks. Just found out the insurance screwed me. Tried to switch me over, they didn't renew after my wife got a ticket like 4 months ago. No letter and no call. They're taking responsibility and retroactively reupping the unsurance. Freaking crazy, took me like 5 hours on the phone today. Luckily they're willing to work with me.

Was like 135/mo, went up to 155. But quotes with the new truck are like 320-390 everywhere. Crazy, but that's with assuming I am signing up without current active insurance, which I should have had if they hadn't got me. Anyway, it's all going to work out, and they owned the mistake.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Thanks. Just ordered my first aftermarket part. Some AMP power steps.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27234

Got it cheaper than anywhere else I could find, and another $55 off plus free shipping. Do total 1108, instead of 1299 the other sites charge for the kit plus pnp harness. I ended up willing to spend the extra money since this adds the cool factor and is the only kit claiming 600lbs support. I have family members that are close to 400.

Oh and I'm good now, insurance got fixed. Yay. Just need a spray in bed liner and I'll be good for a while. Any suggestions in the Charlotte, NC area? Any broader suggestions about spray in liners, brands, ect? Thanks for the help ahead of time!

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Nice! So jelly..!! Need a 2500 so bad.

Any rebates going on right now? Do you mind sharing what your ran you after negotiations etc?

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Sticker was 59,998 or so. I got it for 52,500 after rebates and adding in tax/title and navigation activation. The trade in was almost my loan value <100$ in my favor, so I wouldn't really count that in. I think TTL totalled like 1,600 and radio was 600. So basically price was negotiated to approximately 50,300 or so. Close to 10k off of sticker, but not quite that good. I potentially could have negotiated harder on a 2014, but I wanted the newest if I'm paying 50k, lol even if I saved 2-3k.

This is the laramie, black appearance group and diesel. Not sure what else played into the price, like it has front tow hooks, but I don't really know what else is a factor and not included in the laramie package. I don't think there is to much else, I didn't want the factory step bars. I did want the spray in beeliner, but didn't want to wait to take the truck since a friend and my son were with me and already ready to go.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Any of that 10k in rebates? Or did you negotiate that down?

I dont need a laramie..would love but dont need. Eyeing a SLT or Big Horn.. Or hell a tradesman if need be. Would be great if i could get 10k+ off on one.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Any of that 10k in rebates? Or did you negotiate that down?

I dont need a laramie..would love but dont need. Eyeing a SLT or Big Horn.. Or hell a tradesman if need be. Would be great if i could get 10k+ off on one.
I'm not sure where you're located in the country, but the place I bought my truck from him to have pretty competitive rate. The guy who was selling me my truck also that same day sold a truck to somebody in Texas. I guess that someone is buying from Texas and must have some fairly competitive rate. You might try and look at their inventory, which they don't use a big mark up in the first place, can expect to be able to negotiate another thousand or two off of that.

http://www.stevewhitemotors.net/new-inventory/index.htm

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find a Lin-X dealer. You'll pay about $500 but its the best product on the market for bed liner imo.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Thanks. I'll look into local dealers. Will be a while before I can afford it though.

Der2z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram express
Engine
So badass!

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Thanks! It's too darn cold to install the AMP power steps right now. I wish it were a bit warmer, and my garage is only one car wide with a boat in it, lol.

OP
OP
S

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
So, planning on installing the AMP steps tomorrow.

Went to the dealer and had my nav activated. I also asked about 2 issues.

1. The headlights (projectors) get condensation after it rains. Just a little on the bottom. But it clears up after everything warms up. The "tech" said it's normal and burns off after the lights heat up. And it does go away eventually, after some use.

2. The turbo outlet pipe has a bend/ding in it. It's at the location of some plastic thing just above it. The tech tells me when they moved the intercooler to the front/bottom instead of behind the grill they had to put that dent into the pipe for clearance issues. Vury frustrating that instead of making a better mandrel bent pipe they just dent an easier bend and call it a day. It may not affect the performance at stock, but it's under my skin. I'll get some aftermarket pipes eventually, maybe with a different intercooler eventually.