New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boo...lol. any info on the 09-12 non alpine replacement amps? Just upgraded my head unit and it's getting better. Little more power to the door speakers would be great.

P.s. don't know if you gotten any pats on the back for all of the info you give us, but thanks for all of the great info.

**Truck name: Rampage**

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Graygoose, hypothetically speaking what would happen if one were to install this amp in a truck without OEM speakers? Say for example all of the original speakers were replaced by the Kicker Upgrade speakers.
The tuning would be off a little, the DSP, imagining, etc would be there, but the DSP was set with stock OEM speaker parameters, so it would be a tad off.
Boo...lol. any info on the 09-12 non alpine replacement amps? Just upgraded my head unit and it's getting better. Little more power to the door speakers would be great.

P.s. don't know if you gotten any pats on the back for all of the info you give us, but thanks for all of the great info.

**Truck name: Rampage**
My pleasure, well the way the amp works is in conjunction with the factory radio, so not sure how that would, if at all, change the settings. I can ask.

My pleasure, to help with answers is only part of the reason Im here, :)

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
only with stock speakers...well isn't that disappointing...

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Graygoose, I have a question for you about the SRAMCQ09 sub amplifier. I'm going to add a LCi7 and third party amp for my dash/door speakers. Can I run the SRAMCQ09 input from the LCi7? So, does the SRAMCQ09 take a low level input or does it require speaker level inputs?

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody have an updated price of what HifiSound is excepting for offers for the sub?(SRAMCQ09) My offer of $418 got rejected and I went as high as $475. Looks like I missed the boat on the good deal. :(

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have an updated price of what HifiSound is excepting for offers for the sub?(SRAMCQ09) My offer of $418 got rejected and I went as high as $475. Looks like I missed the boat on the good deal. :(

try again, i just entered 460 and it was accepted, free shipping.

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new Kicker Amp

Graygoose

Can we assume that we will be able to purchase this amp kit without the sub in the near future for those of us that already have the sub?

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
try again, i just entered 460 and it was accepted, free shipping.

Thanks, bro!:favorites13:
They accepted $450. Not sure why it declined $475 yesterday...maybe I fat fingered it..

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Graygoose

Can we assume that we will be able to purchase this amp kit without the sub in the near future for those of us that already have the sub?

Yes sir.

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed this weekend. Very easy, looks oem and WOW what a difference. Not a boomin system like i had 20 years ago but everything i need without playing music for people 2 blocks away. Kicker did a great job on this. I will be buying the new amp and new replacement speakers for the rest of the truck when Kicker releases the amp without the sub.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I installed this weekend. Very easy, looks oem and WOW what a difference. Not a boomin system like i had 20 years ago but everything i need without playing music for people 2 blocks away. Kicker did a great job on this. I will be buying the new amp and new replacement speakers for the rest of the truck when Kicker releases the amp without the sub.

Thanks for feedback. If you do the front 4.1 amp, then you need to retain the factory speakers. The DSP was setup for the factory speakers.

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried running the front 4.1with the kicker upgrade speakers? Ive read complaints of the kicker dash speakers overpowering the others without an amp. I cant imagung the DSP programming causing adverse affects with better speakers. Ill have to do more research before i buy. Ill keep reading .

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It will work as they are all nominal 4 ohm, just the DSP settings may be a tad off.
(guy that does the DSP tuning told me this directly)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It will work as they are all nominal 4 ohm, just the DSP settings may be a tad off.
Tell him to nag the decision makers on engineering amps for RAM Kicker upgrade customers. I'd imagine this would be a super easy software fix. Maybe even load both tunes on all amps and make it selectable by dip switch...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell him to sell me just an amp and harness and ill test his theory with multiple kicker speaker combinations until my wife can no longer stand old Metallica! [emoji41] Ive been a kicker fan boy for years. If i could have been the one to pick a company to engineer upgrades for our trucks it would have kicker. I wish they made one for passenger side also. Ive bought swing aways for storage, i dont need it under my seats.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Trust me, I've tried to convince them to at least do the upgrade for the 77KICK speakers, but some want for KS upgrades, some for CS upgrade. But I can imagine it has to STILL be an improvement over non-amped, non-DSP setups even if your using an aftermarket speaker. It wont change the imaging

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I also installed the sub last weekend. Very happy with the results. It compliments the Kicker front and backs I already had in very nicely.

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also installed the sub last weekend. Very happy with the results. It compliments the Kicker front and backs I already had in very nicely.
Do u have alpine or base audio system? What model number kickers did you upgrade to?

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered my Kicker KS series 3.5's for the front last night from Crutchfield for $49. That includes the wire connector for easy plug and play and free 2 day shipping. I plan to eventually do the doors too, but couldn't resist a quick 20 minute upgrade for now.

Crutchfield is great for their knowledge and availability of installation parts. They have never steered me wrong.