New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
Kicker Upgrade & PRAMCQ13

I recently added the Kicker speakers to the dash, front and rear doors in my 2015 Ram Crew Cab. I do not have the sub and was wondering, if there would be an issue if I added the PRAMCQ13?

I welcome all replies and suggestions.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recently added the Kicker speakers to the dash, front and rear doors in my 2015 Ram Crew Cab. I do not have the sub and was wondering, if there would be an issue if I added the PRAMCQ13?

I welcome all replies and suggestions.
If that's the newest amp then no there won't be an issue however it's my understanding that that particular kicker upgrade was not optimized for the Kicker upgrade speakers.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If that's the newest amp then no there won't be an issue however it's my understanding that that particular kicker upgrade was not optimized for the Kicker upgrade speakers.

Exactly, the amp was setup and DSP settings for the factory speakers. You can add the sub, but front now, you'd need an aftermarket 4 channel amp.

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after skimming all 61 pages and still not clear what to do with my 8.4/Alpine/Airride (why the Air ride is a conflict I'm not sure??)??

The Alpine system is fine but I want more power and better sound (low's, clarity at volume). Without spending 1%er money, what is reasonably available to upgrade the Alpine system and keep all the OE head unit functionality?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So after skimming all 61 pages and still not clear what to do with my 8.4/Alpine/Airride (why the Air ride is a conflict I'm not sure??)??

The Alpine system is fine but I want more power and better sound (low's, clarity at volume). Without spending 1%er money, what is reasonably available to upgrade the Alpine system and keep all the OE head unit functionality?

You can swap out the 8" 150w Alpine to the Kicker 10" sub and gain some low end, but the front, your pretty much stuck unless you plan to change about everything.

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can swap out the 8" 150w Alpine to the Kicker 10" sub and gain some low end, but the front, your pretty much stuck unless you plan to change about everything.

Figures - Thanks.

Maybe the "change about everything" option will be my best route, when my money tree starts growing new leaves next spring!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I hear ya, if you have extra seeds to plant that tree, LMK :)

gmadmxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly, the amp was setup and DSP settings for the factory speakers. You can add the sub, but front now, you'd need an aftermarket 4 channel amp.

Has there been any talk of a different tune option for the Kicker upgrade? Even with the stock tune I would assume that the imaging and time alignment would be fine. Just the equalization and crossovers would be different, however I wouldn't think it would be drastic.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
in my 2015, it was night and day difference!

gmadmxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in my 2015, it was night and day difference!

Hey Graygoose, sorry, maybe I didn't present my question correctly. I know that it will make a huge difference going from stock to the complete upgrade. I was wondering if there would be a DSP option for those of us that have already installed the Kicker upgraded speakers in the dash and doors. thanks!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Hey Graygoose, sorry, maybe I didn't present my question correctly. I know that it will make a huge difference going from stock to the complete upgrade. I was wondering if there would be a DSP option for those of us that have already installed the Kicker upgraded speakers in the dash and doors. thanks!!

The DSP setting will be the same, but it will sound a little different as the settings were intended for the factory coned speakers. But, it wills till sound better than what the HU does now, as its bland and boring. But they wont be able to offer a different DSP tuning for the aftermarket land.
But the Kicker Front Row could beaded if you purchased an aftermarket 4 channel amp, and you can do your own DSP tuning.

KICKER | FrontRow

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the Base Audio system.
Went with..
Front- 77KICK28AB
Rear- 77KICK41

these speakers should fit a 2015 truck, correct? i cant imagine why they wouldn't (unless the wiring changed?). im getting ready to pull the trigger but some of the sites selling them are advertising them to fit up to 2014. not sure why that is. im assuming its a mistake...

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
these speakers should fit a 2015 truck, correct? i cant imagine why they wouldn't (unless the wiring changed?). im getting ready to pull the trigger but some of the sites selling them are advertising them to fit up to 2014. not sure why that is. im assuming its a mistake...
At least they don't require a dealership to flash a sales code to work!

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
They should work.

Seems a lot of companies don't update their auto database for the newer models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Graygoose, has kicker ever considered a passenger side speaker for a dual setup? It should just be a new (reverse) mold for the enclosure, right?

Edit: and tap a different wire for stereo signal?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Graygoose, has kicker ever considered a passenger side speaker for a dual setup? It should just be a new (reverse) mold for the enclosure, right?

Edit: and tap a different wire for stereo signal?

Not in the VSS lineup. They wanted it to retain more storage room, and its just a small step in factory based systems. I still love mine...listened to a Q Class F150 last night, sounded amazing, but showed how great my stage was with factory speakers :D

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just wondering, I'm getting a hankering to tinker some more. I think I'm going to find someone who doesn't want their OEM sub and use the enclosure for another sub on the passenger side.

Is it possible to wire another 8" sub into the Kicker upgrade sub? Dangerous? Not enough power?