New bed rug “bedtred” installed and reviewed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
got a early Xmas present for my new 18 CC Laramie with 5’7” bed and no ramboxes.

These go for $399 normally, they have a $25 mail in rebate offer right now. I found it cheaper online and had Summit racing price match. Ended up getting it down to $313 and then $50 off incentive from summits credit card. This does not include the $25 rebate lol... so $270 out the door, cost me $245 total in the end with the mail in rebate. Product shipped from bedrug in TN and arrived in 3 days!

I just installed it today, snow on the ground and not warm lol but winter is rough here and time is precious. Took about 2-3hrs maybe from opening the box to closing the tailgate. Some time was used in just removing and installing the tonnopro low toll tonno cover. Assembly is straight forward, just zip the peices together (not as easy as it sounds lol) and then drop
It in the truck. I applied the Velcro to the liner after it was in the truck and muscled it into place. I think it was too cold for the adhesive to stick so one side I just didn’t put any on (pass side wheel well area) it fit decent enough where it wasn’t going anywhere without velcro in those areas.

There is some added empty spaces around the wheel wells and on the sides. It’s molded exactly like the truck but those areas are complex curves and bends for this rigid material and zippers to conform to. The bottom has like 3/4” rigid foam on it and u can kneel on the bed comfortably (couldn’t do that with my last spray liner). The back of the sides and bulkhead/tailgate are lined with a soft felt material so it doesn’t harm the paint. The surface is a hard textured plastic almost. Like it you sprayed it with bedliner that’s how it looks. The black looks really good with my walnut mettalic Truck. I’m happy with this purchase and for the price and build quality it will do better than I expected. The material doesn’t hold water and can be power washed. Only issue I had is at the tailgate where things got hairy. I tucked the liner under the tailgate plastic cap and then had to drill the liner and use longer non flush plastic plugs to keep it all down. I don’t trust the Velcro keeping it put. Also when closing the tailgate it’s a little tougher and the line bunches a bit. Prob bc it’s fresh out the box, it’s cold out and it needs to break in.

Overall fitment (8/10)
Quality (9/10)
Cost vs protection (10/10)

I would recommend it honestly. Looks like a spray in liner at 1/4 the cost. My neighbor has a 16 mega 3500 and I’ve been telling him to get a spray in liner. I showed him mine today and he’s considering it.

I do like the part that covers the tailgate opening area as it will keep some big stuff from getting in there and crunching as you open and close the tailgate. I had that issue with my 14 and a spray liner.

2D4E73EC-7BA1-4809-B01B-730C7174FA4E.jpeg

F9149247-DE6C-472C-A46B-1474D0F7E05E.jpeg

4E6D7E8C-2187-4A63-AE6A-71C87BB502F5.jpeg

A3DEFA51-5D71-43A2-9B75-6DC2D0975414.jpeg

8FCBD78E-A858-4259-A959-A2740D6F3B6E.jpeg

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Part # UTT09CCK

Attached below is pic after laying in my old DeeZee rubber Bed Matt. Adds more cushion, and anti skid.

3267FE90-39A6-4762-9718-115D8E684795.jpeg

Last edited:

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is this just like the full bedbug, just with a different finish instead of the carpet ? I new they made a mat for the floor in that finish but not the full deal.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Basically a interesting idea but i see two problems:
1° bed liners (particularly plastic ones) tend to chafe off the paint of the bed and it will rust below the liner.
As this is softer it will probably chafe less, but if dirt/sand/dust is trapped between the liner and the bed it will chafe as well
2° I often have to slide heavy stuff in/out my bed and it looks to me that this folded part over the tailgate openeing will be a PITA to load/undload and to clean the bed

The advantage of a thick or plastic bed liner is that it protect the bed better from dings than a spray-in bed liner.

However, only time will tell if this bedtread will hold and be comfortable

Chris

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
So is this just like the full bedbug, just with a different finish instead of the carpet ? I new they made a mat for the floor in that finish but not the full deal.

Yes, its a updated version, instead of the "carpet" texture is more like a spray in liner or harder surface.

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Basically a interesting idea but i see two problems:
1° bed liners (particularly plastic ones) tend to chafe off the paint of the bed and it will rust below the liner.
As this is softer it will probably chafe less, but if dirt/sand/dust is trapped between the liner and the bed it will chafe as well
2° I often have to slide heavy stuff in/out my bed and it looks to me that this folded part over the tailgate openeing will be a PITA to load/undload and to clean the bed

The advantage of a thick or plastic bed liner is that it protect the bed better from dings than a spray-in bed liner.

However, only time will tell if this bedtread will hold and be comfortable

Chris

I agree with everything here. The bed liner is very soft on the underside. I can't see it chaffing through the paint. The bed was brand new and clean before install, I even went over it with a microfiber to get any dust etc. I also wore no shoes when installing lol... it was 30* outside and i was in my socks lol DEDICATION! But it essentially creates a sealed 1 piece bed liner, the sides and back zipper together full length. Only points something I can see getting through will be in the back corners which is where the drains would flow. I still agree that it could chafe if something got between the bed and the liner.

I also wondered about the opening over the tailgate. Its a strong material and fully bonded so I dont see it really "getting in the way" as any object will drag right over it. But in the off chance the item your dragging gets caught or you cant lift it enough to get it started over that area I can see it being a nuance. You probably wouldn't be able to sweep past that tho for cleaning. But vacuuming out is prob the best way.

The cover has 3/4" of high density foam on the bottom and the sides is slightly cushioned. I can kneel comfortably on the bed where I couldnt with the spray in liner, so I can see it protecting from dings. I also transferred my DeeZee rubber bed matt and layed it on top which is how I had it with the spray in liner. This adds more drop protection and anti-skid. I cant actually drag anything off with the rubber matt, cardboard sticks and I have to lift and wiggle it out anyways, the height/thickness of the matt also helps with that raised area over the tailgate opening for dragging over it. The Bed matt was like $60-70 and by far my best investment for the bed even with a spray in liner.

The cover is supposedly resistant to oil, gas etc and is designed to be power washed and not retain water.

EDIT: Also i watched a video on how to install this liner but it was on a ford F150 and they pulled the tailgate part all the way to tighten that "gap" where the opening is which made it basically flat when the tailgate was open. But for mine to line up (Molded tailgate line up with the tailgate) this is how it ended up. Pulling it tighter would have made it look a little cleaner but the molded sections wouldn't fit together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I posted a pic of the DeeZee bed matt installed on top of the liner in post #2.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had A BedRug in my last truck and have one in current truck for a total of 10 years and the best investment that can be made. It was already mentioned about cleaning with a power washer (I use high pressure wand at car wash booth). The bottom material is non-porous foam and since the "rug" part is spun plastic it doesn't retain water and makes it so great for crawling around on the knees. I have yet to have any object regardless of weight get snagged on it, but it also helps things from sliding around.

Some may disagree, but I think BedRug is a great choice over spray and a great companion over the top of spray.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had the Bedtred in my 2013 and loved it. On my 2015 I decided to go with the bedrug just cuz I liked the carpet, lol, bit the Bedtred was definitely comfortable to crawl in the back of the truck with. Congrats!

Brewdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one of these for my 18 CC Laramie as well. Was really excited for it after having the BedRug in my last truck for 12 years. Had an issue with the Bulkhead piece being the wrong size so I am working to get it all replaced.

Had a question on the fit in your 18. Are the wheel well areas oversized on the liner? I could push down a good inch around the wheel well on the tailgate side of the liner. So I was just wondering if the whole thing was miscut, or if that is normal.

Trying to decide if I want to try another BedTred or go back to the BedRug.

IMG_0061.jpg

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I like your DeeZee liner on top of the mat. I have a BedTred that's about 2.5 years old now and I guess I am tough on truck beds. It has a couple gouges in the material, but I don't think its all the way through to the truck paint. I had the same issues with Line-X too though... throwing firewood in has caused gouges in the Line-X material. The BedTred is much softer and more comfortable to climb into. It looks great and is far cheaper than a spray in liner. I think that a thick rubber mat to protect the floor is a great idea.

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I want to say there was def alittle bit of it being oversized. BUt only in some areas... specifically around the wheel wells.

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I like your DeeZee liner on top of the mat. I have a BedTred that's about 2.5 years old now and I guess I am tough on truck beds. It has a couple gouges in the material, but I don't think its all the way through to the truck paint. I had the same issues with Line-X too though... throwing firewood in has caused gouges in the Line-X material. The BedTred is much softer and more comfortable to climb into. It looks great and is far cheaper than a spray in liner. I think that a thick rubber mat to protect the floor is a great idea.
Yup! that rubber matt is the best $60ish bucks I spent on the bed. Its indestructable... have had gas spill on it. Oil and tranny fluid soak on it after hauling motors and trannys and it just washes off. I really like that everything sticks to it... hard for anything to slide around.

JohnBob08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the pictures it looks like a spray in. Might check into this.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP---do you have bed lights? If so were there slits to fit around them?
Thanks
Jay

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
It looks just like a spray in. I dont like the look of the rugs so I was happy to see this.

No bed lights for me. But you just have to cut the opening for it. You also have to cut the slits for the bed hooks. The liner is marked for the hooks but its up to you to cut them.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you get it under the tailgate cap?
Did you cut slits for the bolts or holes?

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
How did you get it under the tailgate cap?
Did you cut slits for the bolts or holes?
Yup. Slid it under with the oe plastic tabs removed, marked and slid back out. Drilled the holes and put it back. I did have to use longer plastic trim clips as the originals weren’t long enough.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ok, approx how far inward does it go?

OP
OP
blackbetty14

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Prob less than 1/2”. Some areas it was like 3/16” bc the hole for trim tore through

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca