new choice of tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm running Cooper AT3 4S . Coming up on a year old, 8000 miles. Ride well, handle well in rain, snow and dry pavement. I did loose 1.5 mpg.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That used to be Coopers but I understand they went to overseas manufacturing too...damnit.

as I understand it, Cooper was bought out by a company from India. Factory still here.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
as I understand it, Cooper was bought out by a company from India. Factory still here.

Not yet.

On June 12, 2013, a deal was finalized in which Apollo Tyres of India would buy Cooper for $2.5 billion. This move would have made Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. the only major U.S. tire manufacturer. Cooper is the second largest U.S.-based tire company, after Goodyear.[14] On December 30, 2013 Apollo pulled out of the deal since Cooper has not disclosed vital information about its lack of control over its Chinese business.

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is an American company that specializes in the design, manufacture, marketing and sales of replacement[2] automobile and truck tires, and subsidiaries that specialize in medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. With headquarters in Findlay, Ohio, Cooper Tire has 60 manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its worldwide family of subsidiary companies.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Cooper AT3S

I've had them on the truck for 30,000 miles, can barely tell their worn, I drive 6 to 900 mi a week, I expected I'll get 80,000 mi out of this set. They're quiet they hold up well in snow they hold up very well in rain I have had zero issues with them and my mileage has been consistently in the 18 to 19 miles per gallon range

I have them on both my Rams, my 11 and my 16 neither truck has any problems whatsoever these tires run out great they balance great and they have very low road noise