Replace TMPS When Installing New Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 2011 car I traded for my new car it still had OEM TMPS on it . So around 13 y/o !

My 2015 RAM 1 went bad a few months ago so I had the shop do all 4 !
And with my luck after I pulled out the shop another would go and a few days later another so to the scrap pile all 4 went lo
So at $75.00 installed per tire I took the $300.00 hit for all 4 !
Does that $75 each include the cost of the sensor?

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I still have the original ones on my 2012, and no problems with any of them (knocking on wood). I figure if they go bad I will have the done next time I replace my tires (just did this in May last year so will be awhile). I figure in between I'll just use a gauge to check it periodically.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I do NOT understand the predeliction to replace non-essential parts before they fail. Falls in the same bracket as changing out rad hoses and belts that are perfectly fine.

These could easily last 10 to 20 years, and have in many cases. If they quit, so what, use a tire guage. These are not operationally critical systems. The cost to mount and dismount 4 tires is next to nothing. Why spend a bunch of money before you need to?

I saw a game show recently were 4 out of 4 contestants did not know that 10W-30 is engine oil, even though the question category was cars. Not much wonder dealers and repair shops feel free to butt frack customers with impunity.
Love your last two sentences! People seem more and more to be just a flock of sheep with no thought process of their own........
Following their "leader". Pathetic.