New Diesel owner and wannabe diy guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Retired and new to diesels and purchased a 2013 2500 Laramie to pull my trailer. Taking on various fluid changes but when it came to drain and flush the engine coolant I am stumped. Where do I go to find the location of the drain plug and best method. Thx

OP
OP
S

Schwie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Happy to thanks. Just know from past experience they often fail to address a specific model setup so you still in the dark.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Happy to thanks. Just know from past experience they often fail to address a specific model setup so you still in the dark.

You can buy the Ram manual or Chilton also but I found the Haynes to be enough for me.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
drain is usually on the bottom corner of the rad. it may have a nipple for a drain hose. if its plastic valve dont over tighten or it could break. another valve is usually on the engine block but they can be difficult to acess

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You are much better off buying a subscription here. It will be the most up to date and accurate. Paper manuals are a thing of the past.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/

With that said, I wouldn't obsess too much about it. You can usually get all the help you need on the forums. I've been able to get wiring diagrams and the works from people of the forums