New Edge Pulsar Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone tried the new Pulsar Tuner? It's made to be used as an "in line" alternative to standard tuning for the 15+ models so you don't need an unlocked PCM. It has limited features but looks like a good alternative for those who don't want to do a PCM swap.

http://www.hemifevertuning.com/product_p/dsp-pulsar.htm

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How would this be any different than one of those superchips? This sounds just like another, but more expensive pedal commander. Educate me if I'm wrong here

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go to their website, they have a good video about it. At first it does seem like just another chip, but they do mention in the near future it will support custom tunes.

A piggyback ECU that can support custom tunes would be huge....leave behind no evidence? Id love that option.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
My buddy whom builds SEMA vehicles got a early one, and said it was a huge gain on his Night Edition 2018.....he sent me pics before they were up on the site. Highly encouraged me to get one.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked into this yesterday , its very tempting, but $500 for about 15hp and 15ft lbs is kind of meh. However, if it can be custom tuned, im sure there is more to be gained. I like the concept of it, and it would be nice not having to spend $1000+ for a pcm tune. Im waiting to hear more info about it. I didnt see anything about recommended octane either.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I looked into this yesterday , its very tempting, but $500 for about 15hp and 15ft lbs is kind of meh. However, if it can be custom tuned, im sure there is more to be gained. I like the concept of it, and it would be nice not having to spend $1000+ for a pcm tune. Im waiting to hear more info about it. I didnt see anything about recommended octane either.
The video says more things coming to add to it later. Like the 7 or 8 adjustable tunes on the fly too.

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you go to the Hemifever FB page, he will answer any questions about it. Seems like they have found an alternative for the unlocked PCM and are continually working this to get custom tunes soon.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
How would this be any different than one of those superchips? This sounds just like another, but more expensive pedal commander. Educate me if I'm wrong here
back in the day it may have been a "chip" but now the superchips is a handheld tuner. the 15hp gain is little underated from what I've read. maybe close to 30.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
back in the day it may have been a "chip" but now the superchips is a handheld tuner. the 15hp gain is little underated from what I've read. maybe close to 30.

So as much as a full on custom tune?

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Edge Products User-adjustable power levels via cruise control buttons
Adjustable power levels on-the-fly
Improves economy, towing capabilities, and performance
8 performance levels – stock, economy, tow, performance
Power level displayed on OEM dash
Adds up to 30 HP and 30 ft-lbs TQ (Peak to Peak)
15 HP and 15 ft-lbs TQ through the dyno run
Advanced ignition timing (spark)
User-selectable level with MDS on/off
Adjusts accelerator pedal response to drastically enhance the driving experience

this was their FB post about it.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Edge Products User-adjustable power levels via cruise control buttons
Adjustable power levels on-the-fly
Improves economy, towing capabilities, and performance
8 performance levels – stock, economy, tow, performance
Power level displayed on OEM dash
Adds up to 30 HP and 30 ft-lbs TQ (Peak to Peak)
15 HP and 15 ft-lbs TQ through the dyno run
Advanced ignition timing (spark)
User-selectable level with MDS on/off
Adjusts accelerator pedal response to drastically enhance the driving experience

this was their FB post about it.

So you'd do your own tuning via this thing? Still can't see how this could be any different from an adjustable superchip

boomstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you go to the Hemifever FB page, he will answer any questions about it. Seems like they have found an alternative for the unlocked PCM and are continually working this to get custom tunes soon.
this doesnt look like an alternative it looks like they're version of an unlocked pcm . but on the upside maybe you will be able to hook a laptop to it and install a custom tune etc in the future ,which will be kinda cool.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sean did say they are working on giving it the ability to have custom tunes. Wait and see I guess.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI: Each time the oem computer is unplugged, it does leave a trail.

That means that Everytime you disconnect the battery the same trail will show up...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That means that Everytime you disconnect the battery the same trail will show up...

Apparently it does if the dealer goes looking for it,that's what my dealer tech buddy told me.