New exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My buddy has a 08 sport and I just put a exhaust on it for him. He ordered a Magnaflow y pipe a dynomax vt, some header wrap and a bunch of pipe.
I cut the pipe just after the cats and ran new 2 1/2 pipe under the Trans, wrapped it in heat wrap to keep the heat from the exhaust off the Trans. Then a ran the 2 1/2 pipe into the y pipe and then ran it into the vt muffler. My opinion on the dynomax vt were not good. The idle was awesome, the cruising was great and the wide open was great. But under light acceleration it fluttered really really bad sounded horrible. We pulled the vt off and welded in a 14in Magnaflow and it was pretty good. Not crazy loud and not to bad on the drone until it goes into mds then it gets annoying but he will be getting a tuner soon. Here is a few pics of the system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The muffler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pretty cool.I never thought of doing exhaust wrap on the crossover pipe under the trans pan but that was a good call.Ill Prob do that to mine as I still have some wrap left over from my race bikes.I agree on the VT muffler sound.The few I've heard basically had a rattling sound from the spring and flap on the inside of the muffler!

Charles

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I researched the VT mufflers pretty heavy and never found a positive opinion of them. Neat idea, and that seams to be about it.

Install looks nice!