New guy finally go all the money together for lift!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone new guy finally got my money together for a lift. Ok I'm going to break down what I think after reading everything what I need. If anybody notices something I left off or don't need would be greatly appreciated.

1. 35" tires
2. 17" wheels with 5.5" back spacing
3. 6" Rough country suspension lift.
4. Bilsteins set possibly to 2.8"

Is that all I'm gonna need?

Oh I got a 2012 1500 quad cab SLT.

Got some of the errors fixed!

Last edited:

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! Do yourself a favor; get 37's and negative offset rims with that much lift. With no offset, aka positive, it'll look too boxy. A negative offset will make the tires stick out more, making it a stouter truck.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-24 offset, depending on the width of your tires, will look amazing IMO.

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You mean Rough Country? 5.5 back spacing?

Welcome to RF!!

Yeah duh..

Now as for 37's I'm kinda at a delima. I'm in Colorado and where I hunt at It gets pretty ruff. My thinking of the 35's was because I would get more flex and not worry as much to breaking stuff and rubbing. As for the -offset I'll take you guys word for it so, I get 5.5 back spacing with a - offset wheel or is that the same?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah duh..

Now as for 37's I'm kinda at a delima. I'm in Colorado and where I hunt at It gets pretty ruff. My thinking of the 35's was because I would get more flex and not worry as much to breaking stuff and rubbing. As for the -offset I'll take you guys word for it so, I get 5.5 back spacing with a - offset wheel or is that the same?

Backspace goes hand in hand with offset.
Find a rim with a 5" backspace at minimum or a 4.5"

I responded to your thread elsewhere so I won't repeat myself :naughty:

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol Just covering all my bases. Just in case one place responded differently to another!

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just don't want to rub and all or break stuff. I will be flexed pretty good in the places I go. Any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do what we said you should do you can flex all day long and wont hurt anything. Your tires wont hit your truck even with 37's. I know your new at this hole lift thing and we are here to help bud. So if you need more help with this or anything else just ask away. Someone here will try to help.

I hear ya BigHorn.. I guess I have a little OCD from what I've been told I just think of stock axle being stressed and on the little components with those big ole tires. Being in Colorado we got some huge boulders and ruts and slope just kinda thinking about that....

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well to tell ya the truth I wouldnt be crawling over boulders with an IFS system.

Most of us here have a touch of OCD bro.

Yeah but, I have too!!!! lol This whole state is a damn big boulder.....

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I won't be doin serious rock crawling but, I will be going over stuff that will have some boulders like 2 ft or so and some big ruts and stuff. It is a truck and I plan on using it that way!!! No mall crawling for me! lol

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
35s vs 37s aren't going to make that much of a difference off road. If something is gonna break, its gonna break (that's really just IMO). The weight factor is what you should be aware of. A lot of 35s and 37s run close to the same weight. While I have never been in Colorado off roading, I've had my truck in some pretty serious mud holes and flexed out at the beach on some big sand dunes. Worst I've done is cracked a lower ball joint boot and a CV boot. Keep in mind I'm running the Mud Grapplers, the heaviest 37" tire you can buy (@98lbs each). Most 37s run high 80s. You'll be fine with your setup to run 37s and still have room to flex.

While you're lifting, you could toss in the 1.25" body lift too. Won't cost much more and give you a little more flex room.

Another recommendation for 37s from me...and I use my truck as a truck!

Be sure and post lots of pics when you get it all done!

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
35s vs 37s aren't going to make that much of a difference off road. If something is gonna break, its gonna break (that's really just IMO). The weight factor is what you should be aware of. A lot of 35s and 37s run close to the same weight. While I have never been in Colorado off roading, I've had my truck in some pretty serious mud holes and flexed out at the beach on some big sand dunes. Worst I've done is cracked a lower ball joint boot and a CV boot. Keep in mind I'm running the Mud Grapplers, the heaviest 37" tire you can buy (@98lbs each). Most 37s run high 80s. You'll be fine with your setup to run 37s and still have room to flex.

While you're lifting, you could toss in the 1.25" body lift too. Won't cost much more and give you a little more flex room.

Couldn't've said it clearer.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you should buy my 17 inch spys. look good with that lol

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Or you can step up to 20s and buy my custom Moto Metals. They re the perfect size and offset for you. 20x10 -18mm offset (4.79" backspace).

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or you can step up to 20s and buy my custom Moto Metals. They re the perfect size and offset for you. 20x10 -18mm offset (4.79" backspace).

Which ones you got?

OP
OP
triangleman29

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks I will post some pics for sure.