New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgreenwood76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, my 2wd 2012 Ram had a failed lifter last year which sent me down the horsepower hole. It had been many years since I modified or raced anything so it's been fun getting back into it. I knew as soon as I diagnosed the bad lifter and cam that I would be wanting a cam with more power, and that led me to Jay Greene and numerous FB Ram pages and aftermarket sites. I haven't done a whole lot to my truck yet but the list is getting longer; Greene Racing Stage 2 LL cam and custom 91 tune via Diablo, non-mds lifters, Vararam, Moe's 87mm tb, e-fan and 180 CST t-stat, B2 Fabrication 14" muffler and 5" SS tips, Moe's catch can.

It is a 2012 so I am stuck with the 65rfe but it has been great thus far with the exception of replacing the shift solenoid last year. It lacks some low end response so my next mods will be longtubes (either SW or ARH), catless, 6.4L manifold, and 4.10 gears with LSD. In the long run I will probably get a higher stall tc but I haul very frequently and am avoiding that for now. I am keeping my eyes on the 8 spd swap Sound German Automotive is doing.

I did replace the halogen bulbs with LEDs but I do plan to get Morimotos. The LEDs improved the head lights but it's not a perfect solution imo. I've recently seen where the newer 2500 LED tail lights is a direct swap so I may do that soon, but longtubes are more important right now.

I'm also looking to swap out the 87mm tb for a true bore but Fastman seems to be shut down. I had replied to an earlier email thread we had going but the reply was returned for failed recipient. So I assume he's incognito and possibly not even doing throttle bodies anymore. I don't know but I was looking forward to it.

Longer term goals are to lower it with a 2/4 kit, R/T wheels, and sport bumpers. It's got 168k miles and going strong. If the 5.7 ever fails I may look into a 392 but I hope to not have to worry about that for a long time.

4-26-20.jpg 3.jpg

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Nice truck and nice cabin!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

What do they call that color? You don't see that one every day.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score