new guy checking in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think your truck was garaged and for sure not driven in the winter, it being a CT truck do they use the dreaded Mag chloride along W rock salt like my state of NY, I wonder if a older dude owned it and really cared for it like allot of us here do.
You stole that truck, your boys look at home in it, I know the one is a pedigree German shepherd, the other a Lab ridgeback mix?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think your truck was garaged and for sure not driven in the winter, it being a CT truck do they use the dreaded Mag chloride along W rock salt like my state of NY, I wonder if a older dude owned it and really cared for it like allot of us here do.
You stole that truck, your boys look at home in it, I know the one is a pedigree German shepherd, the other a Lab ridgeback mix?
yeah was owned by a guy who ran some construction /lanscaping co... im second owner... and yeah he parked in garage haha... the pups are Daisy( belgian shepherd ) and Sonny( chinook) you were close lol

OP
OP
Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I'm sitting here trying to research my trucks towing capacity and I'm getting a lot of conflicting information. My particular model is the Laramie quad cab 5.7 hemi 8 foot bed. can this truck haul a trailer with a jeep for off-roading? i really hope so as that's the reason i sold my Tundra for this... I would've figured with a 5.7 L hemi in the long wheelbase that this truck could at least haul 10,000 pounds.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah was owned by a guy who ran some construction /lanscaping co... im second owner... and yeah he parked in garage haha... the pups are Daisy( belgian shepherd ) and Sonny( chinook) you were close lol
I don’t have the energy to keep up with a Belgian shepherd anymore.

OP
OP
Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have the energy to keep up with a Belgian shepherd anymore.
ahh my baby girl is so chill ... she's just a love bug who likes snuggling up to her dad and playing with her big brother... doesn't act like a typical Mali (thank god ) cus THEN she would be tough to handle haha... Daisy does have strong prey drive tho but like i said she's more interested in snuggling haha

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Welcome from Canada.
I had a 2005 ,2 wd, about the same , I had no problem and really liked it, I was at the dealer for a oil change or something and a fellow just traded in a as new 2010 black Laramie loaded 4x4, so I traded . Driving a '14 sport loaded now.
I have never had any problems with any of them. they live in the garage and get washed often.

OP
OP
Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from Canada.
I had a 2005 ,2 wd, about the same , I had no problem and really liked it, I was at the dealer for a oil change or something and a fellow just traded in a as new 2010 black Laramie loaded 4x4, so I traded . Driving a '14 sport loaded now.
I have never had any problems with any of them. they live in the garage and get washed often.
yeah im gonna take good care of this one until i get my mega cab deisel / or a Power Wagon down the road... when the time comes hopefully i can find another score like i did with this one...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always. As a matter of fact I just got some carrots outta fridge and apple for da Big Kiddie. (1712 hrs)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum and nice truck. Like you I'm a first time Ram owner and have always been a Toyota guy. I've found this is a good place to get some education.

D1DAVE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Welcome! I have owned 3 third Gen trucks, and I still like them. You got a good one it seems!