Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mordanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ok, notorious lifter issue fried my motor at 120k miles.
Bought a BRAND NEW 5.7 from MOPAR that came FROM MOPAR with NGK Iridium plugs.

ONLY re-used the Oil Pan, Valve Covers, & left the A/C system in tact.

20% larger injectors

BBK Shorty Headers

Spectre Air Intake

Edge CTS3 Tuner

Those were the only "upgrades" done. Had to pull the 20% injectors and buy another set of OEM because even with my EDGE Tuner on it, I couldn't adjust them out and it continued to run rich.

Now, I'm having "code P0300" - random misfires and cannot get it to stop. Any thoughts?

Running 91 Octane and feeling i should go ethanol free??

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need HP Tuner to tune it properly.

And why would you run bigger injectors on a stock motor, Instead of doing the 6.4L intake swap makes no sense to me if your looking for actual HP gains.

Could be a dozen things wrong, Get a good scanner and do some diag.

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spectre intake tells me all I need to know. That's pep-boys quality tuner crap which belongs on a Honda. Seems like you've got plenty of money to throw at the problem, so do it right.

OP
OP
Mordanger

Mordanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Spectre= Junk put an OEM or 6.4 swap, because I'm sure there is metal in old one.
I'm a pipeliner that's only home on weekends. So I just got what I could to finish it off and get it running. The plan is a 6.4 swap. But because I only get a couple hours a week(if that) to do anything with it I just wanted it running lol.

OP
OP
Mordanger

Mordanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You need HP Tuner to tune it properly.

And why would you run bigger injectors on a stock motor, Instead of doing the 6.4L intake swap makes no sense to me if your looking for actual HP gains.

Could be a dozen things wrong, Get a good scanner and do some diag.
The intake swap is coming, but as I told another, I'm a pipeliner and am lucky if I have a couple hours a week to work on it. So when I got close to it running I just got what I needed to get it running.
I looked at HP Tuner but alot of the articles I read had this edge tuner listed as top 3 and it was a little cheaper.
I'm the last in my family to cut corners, but I was just so tired of not hearing it lol.

UPDATE:
Put new OEM injectors and it fixed the running rich issue(as I figured it would) but now the P0300 code is still there and it is running so much rougher than before. ONE time it gave me P0301.

Removed, re-gapped and cleaned new plugs(NGK Iridiums)

Swapped coils around

Checked and tightened intake bolts

Checked wires & connections

Any thoughts on where to head next?
Cause I'm at the point of just taking it to the dealer and paying the $160 diag fee lmao...