new here and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marmstrong1972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2009 1500 Slt 4x4 ram 4.7L having a electrical gremlin. Serv 4wd, ETC light and chk eng light come on when driving and the temp gauge goes to zero when that happens. Turn off and restart after a minute or 2 the etc and serv 4wd lights go out check engine stays on for a bit then goes out much later. Now having abs, trac control and esb bar lights coming on and off as well and making that annoying ding ding sound. No power loss had some heavy negative battery terminal corrosion and i cleaned replaced negative terminal and added dielectric grease. Cant seem to figure out what is causing this... Is it a Battery, a ground or the tipm or am i totally missing something ? So very lost and frustrated now. Anyone had this happen or know what it could be ?? At wits end..lol any help appreciated. Truck runs and drives..

Last edited:

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My favorite starting point for erratic electricals is a battery that has been charged for 24hrs then load-tested to make sure it is good. While that’s charging I clean all the battery cable connections at both ends, especially the chassis ground connection, and all connections for the alternator. I follow that with a check on how much voltage is being supplied to the battery by the charging system. All the above checks are free, mostly just elbow grease, but when done you now have a known good battery and charging system and can start tracing problems.

It’s surprising how many electrical problems can arise from bad batteries and loose, corroded, or poorly grounded connections and modules.

Best,
DG

OP
OP
M

marmstrong1972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
changed battery fixed etc and check engine and temp gauge...still abs, trac control, serv 4wd still on.

09WHITESPORT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 SPORT
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have a shop do a free diagnostic check to see if it's a wheel speed sensor. Those 3 lights were what I had and happened to just be a bad speed sensor in the wheel hub.