New lift, dealership is trash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allen1415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my first post and really wanted it to be of my new truck lifted, but my local Dealership has been nothing less than a **** show.

I purchased my ram 2018 out from it's lease a year early and decided to lift it with a zone 6 inch lift w/Fox shocks,22 inch TIS wheels, 325/50r22 nitto ridge grapplers, and Amp XL power steps. All of this was purchased from my dealership's customs shop. The only reason I went through the dealership is due to warranty reasons. I'm aware of zones warranty and what not I just did not want to go through the hassle.

When the TIS wheels came in I had a friend pick up the wheels and drop them at a local ceramic shop. Owner of ceramic shop calls me that day and tells me after unboxing he can't ceramic due to the condition of the wheels. Ok, **** happens, call dealership they order 4 more. Long story short only 2 of the 4 new ones that came in were perfect. Dealership took like 200 off so I said screw it.

Truck has been at the dealership for 5 days now. I go to drop them off back at the dealership to have them installed and my truck is still sitting there with no work done. I look closer and they hit my truck! The bumper is caved in and my tail light is scratched. Bumper of course scratched the quarter panel.

Truck has now been at the dealership for two weeks and has been nothing but a pain in the ass. They said they are getting me a new bumper but I'm sure they are going to have to paint/blend the rear quarter panel. I'm just pissed. The GM over service was supposed to call me and eventually did but Knew nothing about what happened or acted like he didn't. The individual I was working with originally told me the guy was looking through video to see if it happened on their lot. I mean wtf.

I'm beyond pissed and told them to just reimburse me for all of it. I'm supposed to get a call from the owner/Zack Sweeney on Monday and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's a Jake Sweeney dealership.

What would you guys do? Sorry long post

B2B70E07-1197-48DB-A054-B84CA9363711.jpeg

5EA2B8FA-E181-46B5-9145-0F401717FC40.jpeg

94574ACD-9E83-4C8E-8638-EBDD6D74D1A6.jpeg

vdemarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we brought our suv into the local dosge dealer and they backed it into a lift.

they fixed everything, i got a call saying sorry sent pics, they just replaced everything. no issues at all.

this was on a 2011 durango.

when i wanted a new truck i bought it from the same place.

the dealer should replace the bumper etc.

i just wanted to say that bot all dealers suck

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Never trust a dealer. Even when clearly at fault ,they will look you in the eyes and lie. Don’t believe anything they tell you,it’s just them trying to cover their ass. Find an independent shop, or a 4x4 shop.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ideally I’d tell them to stop everything as you no longer trust them with your truck and you want reimbursed all money you have given them and they can return everything. Next I’d tell them they will pay for the repairs of your truck at a shop of your choice. For all the work and money you were going to spend with them they should of been kissing your ass and apologizing! They for sure would of still made money even with repairing your truck for the damage done. For them to act like this is ridiculous!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with the post above. My wifes Pacifica died on Friday at 10 am. 19 15k miles service shifter and air bag light came on. After 4 hours of waiting on the tow truck, they got it picked up. Of course the dealership we use was 3 miles out the tow range. I was hot after talking to the other dealership they wanted money up front to look at it and then they were trying to say we did something to it in the major snow storm we had. It had sat in the garage the entire time. My ram was the only thing that ever left. I let Chrysler care have it. I got a call back about 30 minutes later from a supervisor letting me know they were sorry and it was going to our preferred dealership. It all I guess depends on the dealership. I would make them pay to have it fixed at your preferred place.

OP
OP
A

Allen1415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate the replies, I'll let you know how tomorrow plays out. My plan is to tell them I want a full paint correction at my detail shop at there cost. Honestly if they would have called and just been cool about it I don't think I'd be losing my ****. We'll see what happens...

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the replies, I'll let you know how tomorrow plays out. My plan is to tell them I want a full paint correction at my detail shop at there cost. Honestly if they would have called and just been cool about it I don't think I'd be losing my ****. We'll see what happens...
Hope it goes well!

Cool to see another Cincy guy on here.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I think that dealers and shops are used to people not seeing mistakes and or just caving when stuff happens. That one would be hard to miss. I brought my indian down for it's 500 mile service last fall and supposedly they changed the oil, checked other fluids made adjustments etc. I got it home and checked the oil. it was low and looked dirty. I drained it myself and it was filthy. They didn't do a damn thing. I had to drive 600 miles round trip and was ripped off. Sometimes you have to push hard, but documenting stuff like that here is a good step. Keep all emails. I email for everything now so I have proof.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would demand that you take it to a shop of your choice and they pay for it, with the parts that they ordered sound like you're getting the run around for those wheels, Do you think you can trust them to do a honest job, stick them with the parts and order them from a reputable 4X4 shop that will back there work.

OP
OP
A

Allen1415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, they took some more money off and threw in oil changes for 2 years. They ordered a new bumper and tail light, and are repairing. Giving me a replacement truck while I get work done. I’m happy i guess.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, they took some more money off and threw in oil changes for 2 years. They ordered a new bumper and tail light, and are repairing. Giving me a replacement truck while I get work done. I’m happy i guess.
Hopefully it goes smoothly from here on out. Post pics when it’s done!