New Member: Currently Have 2015 Big Horn; 2018 Big Horn in Waiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Discovered this site via Tapatalk. It appears to be very active. Hope to learn a lot here.

I need a truck for business reasons so I lease them. Previous to my 2015 Ram I had leased seven F150 XLT's over 19 years. I was going to go for another XLT but the timing of my lease end was at the start of the aluminum body F150's and man, were they expensive! In fact, Ford used to have really favorable leases but no more.

I ended up getting a 2015 Big Horn with the gas 3.6L V6. I had low expectations for my new Ram based on friend's experiences with third generation Rams. I figured, hey, I was driving a payment. It's only for three years, then I'll go back to Ford. But, wow! The Ram was sooooo much better than my previous F150's in almost every conceivable metric. Ride, handling, transmission, gas mileage, electronics, stereo, comfort, and a lot of little things completely won me over. I could (and probably should) do a write up about it. The only thing the F150's had over my Ram was cabin quietness, and the difference is not that much.

My 2015 had some nice extras on it--bucket seats with console, heated seats and wheel, luxury group, climate control, the Alpine premium sound system, factory side steps, factory spray-in bedliner, anti-slip differential, and chrome side moldings.

The lease on my 2015 Ram is up at the end of June so now I have Ram dealers sniffing around me trying to get me to re-up my lease. I looked at Laramies, really wanted a Laramie with the ventilated leather bucket seats. Dodge is pretty proud of these Laramies so my budget pushed me back into a Big Horn and cloth bucket seats. I was shocked to find out that remote start, ParkSense park assist, and LED bed lighting is standard on Big Horn but an option on Laramies. Also I learned the Alpine premium sound is not an option on Big Horns anymore.

I've got a couple of 2018 Big Horns (Granite or Black, can't decide) picked out and am negotiating with a couple of dealers right now. I know this might be sacrilege around here, but I WANTED another V6, not a hemi. ("I coulda had a Hemi!") I just got so accustomed to getting 20+ mpg in everyday driving, I could never go back to mpg in the teens again.

Well, I've droned on long enough...

Last edited:

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome good luck with your new lease.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and good luck with the new lease.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome! Granite over black for sure, ESPECIALLY on a lease.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
It's going to be Granite. I'm getting it on Thursday.
Here's a pic of my 2015 Steel Metallic next to my 2018 Crystal Granite. This is the day I was picking up my 2018 and turning in my 2015. The accessory guy was going to swap my bed cover from the 2015 to the 2018 so I took a quick pic.

a74852db26b0627c56b53b2ec812186d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990