New Member/ Truck issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramcharger13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I’m pretty new to the Ram world. Have had a 2012 1500 big horn with a hemi in it. Has around 120k on the clock. Love the truck so far. For the past couple months my truck has been acting up. The truck will make some weird noises from the steering column/ back of the engine... it will then kind of sputter/lag a bit then the ABS sensor and traction control light will turn on and the car will drive fine.... this happens a couple times a week. Truck isn’t giving me any codes which makes this a bit difficult. I tried using the search engine to no avail. Any help is appreciated

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I’m pretty new to the Ram world. Have had a 2012 1500 big horn with a hemi in it. Has around 120k on the clock. Love the truck so far. For the past couple months my truck has been acting up. The truck will make some weird noises from the steering column/ back of the engine... it will then kind of sputter/lag a bit then the ABS sensor and traction control light will turn on and the car will drive fine.... this happens a couple times a week. Truck isn’t giving me any codes which makes this a bit difficult. I tried using the search engine to no avail. Any help is appreciated

What kind of scanner are you using to check for codes.

TRAXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the traction control light also coming on? The fact that you say its sputtering and then the ABS light comes on makes me think it might be a traction control issue. Check out the below video. Maybe the same issue you are having?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check your battery voltage. A weak battery can cause weird electrical gremlins. Also it can't hurt to clean your battery terminals.

OP
OP
R

ramcharger13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate the input. I’ll test the battery first then change out the ABS sensors. I hope it’s that simple. Will let you all know if it works

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You need an actual scan tool. The one auto zone uses likely only retrieved P codes. You need one that can retrieve ABS, body, and communication codes. Get the codes retrieved before you start wasting money throwing parts at it.