Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric1728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi everyone, New Member here from Australia. I have a new Black Ram 1500 5.7 Express. Not sure how this matches up with American models but it is a lower model, not much electronic wizardry which is what i wanted. Currently 3500 km which is about 2500 miles. Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Attachments

• IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 7

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome!

That is a pretty truck

A right hand drive RAM is super cool!

Can you share some pics of the interior? Curious how they match up to our left hand models. Radio volume knob on the left or right side?

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Welcome!

That is a pretty truck

A right hand drive RAM is super cool!

Can you share some pics of the interior? Curious how they match up to our left hand models. Radio volume knob on the left or right side?
Sme here on the pictures.

Would love to see some pictures from under the hood showing rhe firewall on your driver's side.

Curious how the layout is for steering column, brakes and such.

OP
OP
E

eric1728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the comments. i am off to work this morning away for 7 days i will get some photos when i get home. In the conversion the dash is made in australia, i am guessing looks the same but opposite way around. The radio controls and indicator stalk remain the same, the wrong side........... The foot operated park brake on ours is a bit bit of a pain to use, it is above the throttle pedal and high at the bottom of the dash, unsure where the LHD version is positioned, one bonus is that it does work lots of park brakes out there do not work very well. The mods done so far are 4 mm stainless steel bash plates to protect the trans pan (Custom Offroad 3 plate set), Ultimate 9 throttle controller, UHF radio and a Kuluin muffler. Will do the full system when the manifolds crack. A Tuff Tonneus bed cover, i could not decide which way to go with a bed cover so fitted a fairly cheap Aussie made soft cover and Firestone airbags. The Rams or American Trucks in general do not have a large payload so i need to be mindful of weight added i do tow up to 7700 lbs. The bash plates were 92 lbs but would rather that than a hole in the trans pan. As a 4x4 i am very impressed with its performance and as a tow vehicle better again. Very happy with the Ram. I looked at Ford and Chev but for what i wanted the Ram fitted perfectly. As far as i can tell the things that i need to be careful with is the lifter issue, keep the oil fresh, minimise idling. The manifolds cracking and i am unsure if you have this problem in the US but we seem to kill rear diff housings. The housing around the axle bearings crack. Some of this would be due to overloading the rear axle and possibly our roads might be rougher