New respect for SuperGlue when mixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
this is a standard quick fix for repairing worn/broken nuts on guitars vs. replacement of either plastic or bone nuts..
Now that i would have never guessed Heatheroo. I have to admit i would never of thought of mixing Baking Soda and CA glue together. Have you used this mix,i'm curious if it's a semi permament fix,or does it break down after several months

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Never would of thought of mixing Baking Soda with Super Glue. Might work for repairing stripped out plastic screw holes.

Model builders, RC, and others have been doing that for many years.
mixing distilled water, baking soda then glue often works better, depending on what you're doing.
The glue matters too. thin glue works best but if it's too thin and dries too fast, usually doesn't work.
Helpfully with 3D printing

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would never have thought of baking soda & super glue

I have always used saw dust or tooth picks & super glue on hogged out screw holes.
I save all my sawdust when using a Skil Saw
That was always my go to,saw dust mixed with glue,but that was to repair wood,never used it on plastic though

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I used to play with plastic, just because it is fun
I made a type of Lazy Susan that had several layers
they made nice gifts, like for spice racks or make up.
Nothing fancy

There is a place about 20 miles from my place
if it is made from plastic, they sell it, just outside of their show room they have bins of scrap plastic :)

You ought to see the mirrors that i made of plywood & plastic film, it comes in rolls, you would never know that it was not glass, but it scratches easy

Heatheroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Now that i would have never guessed Heatheroo. I have to admit i would never of thought of mixing Baking Soda and CA glue together. Have you used this mix,i'm curious if it's a semi permament fix,or does it break down after several months
I have never done it myself....just seen the results many times. AFAIK its considered a permanent fix. Fill the slot with the BS CA mix, let it cure and then file new slots.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back when I built RC models, they used to sell a product called micro balloons which was a white powder you'd mix with epoxy resin and use as light duty bondo. Supposedly tiny hollow spheres, they were too small to tell really, but a butter-sized tub might have weighed an ounce at best...

Russ