New rubber!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So I finally pulled the trigger on a set of brand spankin new a/t tires. They are Cooper Discoverers rtx. So far, pretty much silent compared to my m/t I had before.

Wasnt planning on getting any today but im going to the Lake of the Ozarks this coming weekend which is about 2.5 hour trip while pulling a pair of jet skis so I figured it would be a perfect time to get some new rubber. Pretty damn deep tread and a fairly aggressive tread pattern as well which is what I like in a tire even if its just an a/t.

It also helped that NTB is doing a buy 3 get 1 free special until the end of july :naughty:
They came with a 50,000 mile guarantee which is comforting. Only took about an hour for everything and happy with the service from NTB overall. My grand total was $640 after tax which includes disposing of my old tires, balancing, mouting, etc. I thought it was a pretty damn good deal.

Tell me what you guys think! Im happy to be done with the m/t drone and cant wait to test them in the rain and snow. :)

Attachments

• 2015-07-21 20.16.26.jpg
    2015-07-21 20.16.26.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 2015-07-21 20.40.50.jpg
    2015-07-21 20.40.50.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 2015-07-21 20.40.55.jpg
    2015-07-21 20.40.55.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 65

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Nice lookin' tires, I'll be getting a set of Cooper STT Pro's put on this Saturday - can't wait. Depending how these tires wear I may go to A/T on the next set.

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Nice lookin' tires, I'll be getting a set of Cooper STT Pro's put on this Saturday - can't wait. Depending how these tires wear I may go to A/T on the next set.

I like mud tires but they were all the hype back when I was in highschool. Now that im actually using my truck for big boy things, a/t was no question for me. Im not hatting on m/t either! I love m/t! Just wish they had better traction in snow and rain and werent so loud.

But, now that I drive farther distances and pull more, I needed something more practical. But, if your getting those m/t's post some pictures cause those look like very nice tires! :favorites13:

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Can't go wrong with that deal. I'm actually disappointed that my Cooper STTs don't make mud tire noise, maybe when they wear down more.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I like mud tires but they were all the hype back when I was in highschool. Now that im actually using my truck for big boy things, a/t was no question for me. Im not hatting on m/t either! I love m/t! Just wish they had better traction in snow and rain and werent so loud.

But, now that I drive farther distances and pull more, I needed something more practical. But, if your getting those m/t's post some pictures cause those look like very nice tires! :favorites13:

I preached this all through high school to everybody telling me to buy mud tires or who was searching for mud tires. A/ts can do peri much anything an m/t can and have better traction in rain and snow + better MILEAGE and price. Unless you hit mud holes every other day there's no point IMO

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
I preached this all through high school to everybody telling me to buy mud tires or who was searching for mud tires. A/ts can do peri much anything an m/t can and have better traction in rain and snow + better MILEAGE and price. Unless you hit mud holes every other day there's no point IMO

Absolutely! They were cool in highschool but not so much now. My old m/t had such ****** traction in 2-4 inches of snow. They would just spin on top of the snow. Even in the rain they would slip a little. And the worst part was the noise. Holy ****. I couldnt even have a conversation on the highway.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser

Will do! I will say that M/T's are a bit over rated on trucks that are pavement queens, but I have land 4 hours from house and that red mud is slick as snot after a good rain. That is my justification for and M/T...