New Software Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
doesnt that use google chrome? I use the same on my computer and everything works for me

it works, but it is either zoomed to hell or too zoomed out, value - or + there is no middle ground, it is either in your face or too far away. It may be my computer, but it isn't good. I've been busy all day, I will check on my apple tonight or tomorrow, this is a great resource I have been proud to contribute and learn here.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
so your screen doesnt look like this?

rf capture.JPG

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it works, but it is either zoomed to hell or too zoomed out, value - or + there is no middle ground, it is either in your face or too far away. It may be my computer, but it isn't good. I've been busy all day, I will check on my apple tonight or tomorrow, this is a great resource I have been proud to contribute and learn here.
yup you seem to have nailed the most annoying part of it there. definitely a lot more wasted space and stuff between posts. you thing they would at least give us the option to run other skins instead of forcing us to run this one

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you moved the mostly irrelevant info from the right hand column (users online, recent threads) and expanded the text to take advantage of the entire screen on an iPad in Landscape, the software change wouldn’t really be a problem.

I surf on my iPad 95% of the time and almost always in Landscape orientation. Currently, the posts are limited to a small box in the middle column. It makes it difficult to read as sentences are just too broken up. I may be in the minority on iPad.

I wonder if the software is sensing a mobile device and defaults to a phone layout? Phones are almost always held vertically.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Isn’t there normally a “mobile version” and a “view full site” option on most mobile devices? On some sites you can scroll to the bottom of the screen and find something like that

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I think it depends on your device.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Isn’t there normally a “mobile version” and a “view full site” option on most mobile devices? On some sites you can scroll to the bottom of the screen and find something like that

There maybe an option for that soon.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
but sometimes different is not a good thing especially when it comes to forums. there is lots of other truck forums out there and so far this is the only one using this format which is completely different and anoying

It had nothing to do with different. The major reason for the change is the vBulletin version RF was running on has been EOL(End of Life) for close to 8 years. It was a very old version and not with the times and was a huge security issue. I was not going to update to the newest version of vB as their newer version is horrible. So I decided to start update all my forums to XF for security and up to date items. Not to change it, but to make it better.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
It had nothing to do with different. The major reason for the change is the vBulletin version RF was running on has been EOL(End of Life) for close to 8 years. It was a very old version and not with the times and was a huge security issue. I was not going to update to the newest version of vB as their newer version is horrible. So I decided to start update all my forums to XF for security and up to date items. Not to change it, but to make it better.
why is security a worry? it is just a forum. it is not like you guys are buying and selling stuff and dealing with peoples credit card info or top secret info. plus couldn't you always install better skins to the new forum to make it more like the other forums so it is not so different.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The dark grey font is really hard to see against the black background. Something lighter would be better in my opinion.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
why is security a worry? it is just a forum. it is not like you guys are buying and selling stuff and dealing with peoples credit card info or top secret info. plus couldn't you always install better skins to the new forum to make it more like the other forums so it is not so different.

I don't want the forum hacked and then everything lost. That's what I mean about security.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
The dark grey font is really hard to see against the black background. Something lighter would be better in my opinion.

Never heard a complaint about it on the older forum background. The font is the exact same size and color as is the background color. Nothing change there.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I scrolled to the bottom and hit the "Ramforum Dark" button. It gives you a choice of backgrounds. I chose the black text over white background. It's "Ramforum Light". :D

Reactions: BWL

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Kinda snazzy. Haven't dug in deep enough to see if the less-used functions changed enough to irritate me yet, but reading and posting seems good so far.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard a complaint about it on the older forum background. The font is the exact same size and color as is the background color. Nothing change there.
This, ROTFLMAO!!!

I wasn't trying to be negative in my earlier post. I actually like the new updated site much better than the old. Was just pointing out that the engine and year of vehicles don't show on the mobile version in non landscape mode. Not a bummer for me as I rarely ever look at that anyway, was just on the topic of it so I let you know.

Keep on keeping on! No matter what change anyone makes, someone will always hate it, bit hundreds more will love it.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
F.W.I.W. - Forum Supporters and Vendors should have that fact displayed in big ass shiny letters...and maybe a few trophys or something.....just sayin'.... :Big Laugh:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only issue I have is it displays the avatar at each thread and some members have avatars that are NSFW or around family. I’m looking at the forum new posts and see a chicks *** in a thong to the left in a huge size avatar or boobs and my wife walks up and she’s like wtf are you on a **** site?....no hunny it’s truck stuff and she’s like ya whatever.

82ABC899-9DB1-406A-B2E5-9C90D40AF077.png

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Only issue I have is it displays the avatar at each thread and some members have avatars that are NSFW or around family. I’m looking at the forum new posts and see a chicks *** in a thong to the left in a huge size avatar or boobs and my wife walks up and she’s like wtf are you on a **** site?....no hunny it’s truck stuff and she’s like ya whatever.

View attachment 115734
Please report nsfw issues and we can review them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk