New Software Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I found your reference pic. That was posted from a phone. Orientation is determined by the user's methods of posting a pic, not the site software.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
oh... booo. that sucks

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't figure out how to delete a photo out of an album.

also on the Right hand side of forums before the vendor list on the main under topic it adds a prefix of "latest:" ie latest: Syn Thread or hemi tick or whatever.

Seems kind of redundant and inhibits the ability to read the topic. If its listed there, i would assume its the latest. PC with big monitors using "latest" (see what i did there...) google chrome.

Do miss the ability to drill down into the 4th Gen forum from the main page and see all areas without having to go to the 4th gen onnly page. I'll learn to live with it but its something that nobody has mentioned yet. Yes i did see the hover menu.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To delete a photo in your album:

1. Open your album.
2. Find the item you wish to delete.
3. Select the item by adding a check mark in the open box on the upper left side of the picture.
4. A popup box will emerge. Click on "Delete"
5. A second box will emerge. Select the option to either remove from public view or to permanently delete the media.
6. Click on the "Delete Media" button.

upload_2017-12-12_12-1-58.jpeg

upload_2017-12-12_12-2-14.jpeg

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To delete a photo in your album:

1. Open your album.
2. Find the item you wish to delete.
3. Select the item by adding a check mark in the open box on the upper left side of the picture.
4. A popup box will emerge. Click on "Delete"
5. A second box will emerge. Select the option to either remove from public view or to permanently delete the media.
6. Click on the "Delete Media" button.
Must be a permission level thing
upload_2017-12-12_14-19-11.png

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting. I assumed most of that function was available to all. Obviously my permissions and functionality are different as a staff member.

Let me check into this a bit further.

Did you try the "edit media items" option?

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I assumed most of that function was available to all. Obviously my permissions and functionality are different as a staff member.

Let me check into this a bit further.

Did you try the "edit media items" option?
No edits on peon level permissions other than title and description.

BTW you guys are fast on this. I'm impressed.

upload_2017-12-12_14-24-14.png

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
hmmm...I'll still check on this as it seems to me it's your album, you should be able to edit content up to, and including, deleting some.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, what am I missing here? Unable to see how to use uploaded pic in sig?

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No edits on peon level permissions other than title and description.

BTW you guys are fast on this. I'm impressed.

View attachment 115807

Fully Driven XenForo based forums have all delete functions disabled for all users.

So, bottom line is that you cannot delete any pics from your albums.

However, if you start a conversation with any staff member here and request to have a pic deleted from your album, I'm sure we'll be able to accommodate that.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, what am I missing here? Unable to see how to use uploaded pic in sig?

1. Go to your profile links under your user name at the top right of any RamForum page. Your user name is right under the banner.
2. Hover over your user name. You'll see a popup box appear. Click on "Signature".
3. Open a second browser section and find your uploaded picture. It can be in your album or on another photo repository.
4. Copy the URL of your picture.
5. Return to your "Edit Signature" page you opened on RamForum.com
6. Click on the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar above the signature text box.
7. A popup box will appear. Copy your picture's URL in the "Image URL" blank. You can also edit your signature text at this time if you wish.
8. Click on the "Insert" button at the bottom of the popup. The popup will then disappear.
9. Scroll down and click on "Save Changes".

I tried to do a simple copy and paste from my picture file to the signature edit text box and had no success with that.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the not being able to post over 1k characters is a little lame. i mean i realize that will very rarely happen, but i just tried to copy paste all the trouble codes for someone off another forum to here so he could have them and i cant even post half because its to many characters. Obviously not going to be a common problem enough to worry about but figured id throw it out there

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So the not being able to post over 1k characters is a little lame. i mean i realize that will very rarely happen, but i just tried to copy paste all the trouble codes for someone off another forum to here so he could have them and i cant even post half because its to many characters. Obviously not going to be a common problem enough to worry about but figured id throw it out there

Good info. I had no idea the character limit is 1K.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry *10,000* characters lol

Thats quite a bit of characters, but still cant even post half the codes and meanings. again not going to be a common problem

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fully Driven XenForo based forums have all delete functions disabled for all users.

So, bottom line is that you cannot delete any pics from your albums.

However, if you start a conversation with any staff member here and request to have a pic deleted from your album, I'm sure we'll be able to accommodate that.

Well, that's just wrong IMHO....

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And not complaining but just curious, am i the only one who has had a issue with the "quote" someones post function to where it doesnt show that i quoted them after i post? like my last post coreccting my mistake saying 10,000 i quoted MADDOG but on my PC it doesnt show that i quoted him. Anyone else?

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1. Go to your profile links under your user name at the top right of any RamForum page. Your user name is right under the banner.
2. Hover over your user name. You'll see a popup box appear. Click on "Signature".
3. Open a second browser section and find your uploaded picture. It can be in your album or on another photo repository.
4. Copy the URL of your picture.
5. Return to your "Edit Signature" page you opened on RamForum.com
6. Click on the "Insert Image" icon in the tool bar above the signature text box.
7. A popup box will appear. Copy your picture's URL in the "Image URL" blank. You can also edit your signature text at this time if you wish.
8. Click on the "Insert" button at the bottom of the popup. The popup will then disappear.
9. Scroll down and click on "Save Changes".

I tried to do a simple copy and paste from my picture file to the signature edit text box and had no success with that.

Thanks!!!