New Steps ... and they are crooked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put aftermarket Westin step boards on my '16. The difference in the driver's side front to clear that discussed brace is that instead of the bracket attatching to the inside rocker panel with all 3 "rivnuts" it only uses one or two (I already forget lol) and then is bolted through those small little holes in the tab that sticks down from the pinchweld.

It's an awful drawing, but Figure 10 in the instruction sheet below shows the front driver's side bracket.
http://westinautomotive.com/applicationchart/pdf/75-1012.pdf

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The change was in the 15.5s up.

Some new bracket was added to the front.
I just had to drill one hole on each side for mine to fit. It was in the instructions, so no big deal. But, it did require a right angle drill, which may be a big deal for some if they dont already have one. They say they will fit '14-16s.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RobHinton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 EXPRESS
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks again folks. I appreciate all the info. Yall are a huge help.

Wish me luck as we are trying new brackets in the morning. I got to snap some pics too. Been slacking on that.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a set of westin 4" oval bars for 255 off of amazon.
d29a83f366168e95766ee6959270b2ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some shops might try to install earlier model steps on the 2015 1/2 and 2016 models. There is a bracket on the front drivers side that interferes. Sounds like they might have tried that and tried to work around it. Look under your truck and see where the front on each side is mounted, how high up from the bottom of the frame it is. It should be identical on both sides. You'll see the bracket I'm talking about. Don't let them take that bracket off telling you it isn't needed. It is installed as a stiffener to meet government side impact test requirements, at least that's what Amp Research told me about it.

Hope this helps.