New Sunshade Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I’ve had those retractable ones which eventually lose suction and fall apart and had the foldable ones along with top Covercraft custom ones.

Is there such a thing as the oh sht bar handle type of sunshade that either clip to one side or meet in the middle or something?

I have a tinted windshield which does help, but looking for a more convenient sunshade. Also why I’m not really wanting to suction to it again..

Didn’t like how tight the custom sunshade was, so far using a cut up according style one, but wondering if there’s any better potentially permanent solutions. Maybe a type that stays hooked on to the vanity mirror that can be pulled down. Not sure, wondering if there’s anything different out there I haven’t heard or seen recently.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never seen a retractable shade that was worth a damn.

In the two vehicles I have both of these and would recommend either:

Heatshield Sunshade

Covercraft Custom <- Using this on the ram, and is compatible with my center mounted A119 dash cam, cut out for mirror is large enough it doesn't interfere

Both are just held in place by your visors. Heatshield is lighter and easier to get in place, covercraft looks nicer and faster to fold up. Not only keeps the vehicle much cooler, but protects your dash, and with 30% on the fronts and the factory 20% on the backs, actually makes it somewhat difficult to see in the cab so has some theft deterrence.