New to the Forum and Looking to Buy an Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuntcardriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey I am new to the forum I am looking to buy 2017 leftover ram express with a 5.7 hemi and 4wd. I am currently in the works with the dealer trying to hash out a price. The window sticker is 42k and they are at 29k. I still think they are high on their price because a GM or Ford with a 42k window sticker comes with a lot more options and features in comparison. I have a video below of the exact truck I am looking at.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
if you can get that off, that's a good deal. Usual is about $10k off. Ive driven new Chevy fleet trucks, and have owned two Rams...hands down the Ram will be a better buy.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Plus, kids and wife are smiling in video....there's your sign :)

OP
OP
S

stuntcardriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Hemi was very snappy, the GMC (5.3L) we drove was very slow to accelerate. So much that even the kids said "this seems slow".

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It is, and it gets worse...driving one makes me want to beat the dash. For me for my Ram, the best 'peppy' investment was $300 for a Peddle Commander...LOVE it.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the group:cheers: Sounds like a sweet deal.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with other poster, it would be an amazing deal if you can swing it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's a good deal but I suspect that the kids, who will get taller in a few short years, will wish Dad & Mom had gotten the crew cab.

You are correct in your assumptions regarding the 4WD system. There is an option for 4WD Auto that is installed on other models.

You'll hear a LOT of good stuff about Ram trucks here. I think what you've heard is the cultural legacy being repeated a few generations down through the years. Yeah, Dodge had some sketchy transmissions for a while, which seemed to be a common complaint back in the day. But that was then and this is now. I've owned 4 Rams in succession since 2007 and have been very happy with them. Sure, they all had a few initial problems but so do all other brands as well. I think they are great value for the money.

OP
OP
S

stuntcardriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So after test driving a different ram I think I may want the 3.92 gearing. I really like the looks of the express with the 20 inch wheels and color matched bumpers. Looks tough and man that Hemi is quick. And it still feels like a truck to me.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after test driving a different ram I think I may want the 3.92 gearing. I really like the looks of the express with the 20 inch wheels and color matched bumpers. Looks tough and man that Hemi is quick. And it still feels like a truck to me.
The Express has the 44-45 non auto transfer case which is preferred over the auto 44-44 auto transfer case by most people. There are several posts about the differences. I have an Express and would recommend getting the 8 speed with the 3:92 gears and limited slip differential. This is what I have and I love it. I also have the 32 gal fuel take which is nice if you happen to find one. I also recommend getting the RA2 5" touch screen with the overhead console as it will make it much easier to upgrade your interior in the future if you chose.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a bad price, but you can probably find a crew cab for 32-33.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think that’s a bad price. I paid 34k for my crew cab express with 3.92s. Sticker on it was 44k I believe. I had to drive over 250 miles to get it though as the dealers around here suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley