New to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

360Don

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500, 65K with remote start. Sometimes when I push the remote start button twice, the truck marker lights come on and the horn beeps twice but the truck won't start remotely. Shortly after parked, I'll try the remote started again and all is good, all doors and hood are locked.
What am I missing?

TIA,

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Post your question in the 4th generation section and you will get some help. It could be as simple as needing a new battery in the fob.

Red

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Ram Forum, are you hitting the door lock on fob before hitting the remote, also the battery in fob may need replacing.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500, 65K with remote start. Sometimes when I push the remote start button twice, the truck marker lights come on and the horn beeps twice but the truck won't start remotely. Shortly after parked, I'll try the remote started again and all is good, all doors and hood are locked.
What am I missing?

TIA,

welcome.gif to Ram Forum. :cool:

Do you own a second FOB to see if the same thing happens?

Another easy test might be to replace the FOB battery. There are many video tutorials available on YouTube.

Searching YouTube with the Ram year should help you find the correct FOB version.