New truck; couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought the truck last night. I went with the 5.7 Lone star edition with Nav and a few other upgrade options. I asked the sales guy if this had power folding mirrors because I saw the curtesy LED lights upon approaching and he said no it doesn't. Well we jump in and I see the button and press it and sure enough Power folding! It was a surprise to us all because it wasn't on the sticker (confirmed the VIN matched). It also has the rear window defroster button but no defroster. I know it's an option but I figured that it wouldn't have the button and that spot would be a hard cover. That's the case on other options that aren't there as in the heated and vented seats. Anyone else experience this?

Also, when they fill it with Nitro how much HPs does this give me??

JK on that one. haha. I do want to know if the tire pressure is held to a strict tolerance. They started at 40,40,40,39. Today it is 41,40,40,39. I live in Texas so I know the temperature plays a roll.

Thanks for your help guys! Love this truck so far!

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
the defroster button, I have it as well but no rear defroster as its a 2010 and I got the sliding rear window instead. the button activates the heated side mirrors.

i dont know if you'll need the rear defroster in texas, i certainly need it in ontario..aim the middle air vents up and the heat bounces onto the rear window, defrosts in a few minutes.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Rear defrost isn't used much here in texas but it's nice the few time we do freeze, I don't have rear defrost or slider so I can't help there. But I can comment on the tires and mine are all over the place from 38-44 and sometimes 45 as long as they are within a few degrees of each other it won't trip the light and if your not hauling anything it won't matter. And congrats on the new truck sounds like a nice one.

OP
OP
M

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking the rear defrost button did the heater mirrors as well. The manual says that the heated mirrors are activated when the defroster is activated. But front or back? It would be nice if the icons on the mirror lit up. The sales guy thought it had the rear defroster and that it was a "new technology" one without the lines. He drives a Lone star himself and for the last two years thought that he had it. I told him no it is now an option and I could see he was disappointed.

And the humidity will sometimes make you wish you had a rear defroster. Especially if you don't garage it or park it under an awning. And last winter we had a few good ice storms. It definitely isn't a major breaking point just a question that arose out of curiosity.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the mirror heaters come on when you push the back defroster. I always just push both if needed, so I could be wrong.

My tire pressure changes a bit, but not a whole lot.

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I asked the sales guy if this had power folding mirrors...

Most of the floor salesman know next to nothing about the product they are selling...your salesman could have been working for a Chevrolet dealer last week, and this week now works for a RAM dealer...

I believe the mirror heaters come on when you push the back defroster...

This is correct - from my owners manual:

Heated Mirrors — If Equipped These mirrors are heated to melt frost or ice. This feature can be activated whenever you turn on the rear window defroster (if equipped). Refer to “Rear Window Features” in “Understanding The Features Of Your Vehicle” for further information.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It's sad the lack of knowledge of the sales people. The last few times I went to the dealership I ran circles around him with information...

OP
OP
M

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm a researcher for a living and so I did some pretty good research on the packages available. So when I was talking to him I'd refer to stuff by packages and price of said packages and his eyes lit up. I don't think that is the usual case with buyers. But I won't be taken advantage of. Unless its by a tall brunette at a bar. I don't mind that.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Most of the floor salesman know next to nothing about the product they are selling...your salesman could have been working for a Chevrolet dealer last week, and this week now works for a RAM dealer...[/I]

This is the unfortunate truth, I was fortunate enough to have someone who owns the exact same truck I purchased, exactly the same.

OP
OP
M

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the funny thing is he drives a Lone star edition. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles but he was under the assumption he had a rear window defroster for 2 years! :roflsquared:

Oh well. That's why you do your research before going to the dealership.