New truck MODS...now showing..Sorry dealer service department

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got them. Did you have a blockage in your vent pipe as well?

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
SO, now I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the title of this thread anymore. Anyhoo. I bought a used stock hemi dual exhaust a few weeks ago. This week I ordered a dual exhaust bumper off of Ebay. I had my 17 year old help me swap bumpers this morning. It took about 2 hrs maybe. Nothing hard at all about it, other than getting the trailer connector disconnected. It fought a little. He had to go to work, so I was solo finishing up the bumper install, swapping the rear parking sensors to the new bumper and putting the wiring harness ties back into their holes.

The exhaust was a pain to swap, but not really that hard. The hardest part was getting the stock muffler off. It come out of the pipe about halfway then seemed to get stuck. I finally got a pipe wrench and grabbed it close to the muffler so as to not clamp it harder on the pipe. With some wiggling, shaking, twisting and a dash of curse words it popped off.

Putting the hemi exhaust on was a piece of cake. Maybe took 20 minutes tops! It sounds a little more aggressive, but not lot. I love the look. I really did it for the look more than anything.

I now also have a straight bumper and stock v-6 exhaust going in the for sale section.

Before:

View attachment 144770
Man that sounds good and looks great!!!

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So one thing I haven't liked since I first got the truck is the horrible stock headlights. I mean the foglights are literally brighter...my wife even commented recently. She has a Equinox with HID's and she asked if I forgot to turn my headlights on.

Ok, that's it. I looked around and found a set of factory take offs projectors with LED bulb. Everyone who posts a video on this makes it seem like the headlights jump out by themselves. For some reason, those white clips that you reach up thru the access hole in the fender well, fought me tooth and nail. Getting them released and locked back in. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.

The LED projectors are awesome and I can see to drive at night. Of course, the LED projectors then made my foglights look amber, so I ordered some LED foglight bulbs and finally got around to change them yesterday.

I love the projector headlights and it is a crime that they aren't standard. I think I read the National Insurance Institute that does all the crash test ratings said they were adding headlight ratings and it would be based on the lowest quality lighting offered in a particular model, so maybe they will make them standard in the future to get good ratings.

IMG_20200227_164311.jpg IMG_20200307_153816.jpg IMG_20200227_182412.jpg IMG_20200307_153816.jpg IMG_20200307_154810.jpg

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bye Bye Big Papa Smurf. Hello, Gray. I traded in my 2017 3.6 CC Big Horn 2wd for a 2018 5.7 Hemi 4x4. Pretty sweet, I got upgrades to heated cloth seats, heated steering wheel, and if I can ever get it working, Android Auto.