New truck MODS...now showing..Sorry dealer service department

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can report after a few weeks with the new Pioneers and the subwoofer, I am a very happy camper! Well worth the time and effort!

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I can report after a few weeks with the new Pioneers and the subwoofer, I am a very happy camper! Well worth the time and effort!
I got my Rockville installed. The more I listen the better it gets. See the thread "Economical Upgrade to Stock 6 Speaker System".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my Rockville installed. The more I listen the better it gets. See the thread "Economical Upgrade to Stock 6 Speaker System".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I read that . Your results are about like mine. It sounds great.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Loving your write ups! That color just POPS too. Kinda makes me wish I’d held out for one, even though I got a heck of a deal on mine.

I heard a lot of talk about MSU... I’m an alum myself, living in Tupelo. You?

Hope we wrap a BUNCH of stuff in maroon and white this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loving your write ups! That color just POPS too. Kinda makes me wish I’d held out for one, even though I got a heck of a deal on mine.

I heard a lot of talk about MSU... I’m an alum myself, living in Tupelo. You?

Hope we wrap a BUNCH of stuff in maroon and white this year!

I think we got a good coach .Mullen was great and we wouldn't be in this place without him taking the job but he didn't seem to try to go after the top recruits. It's like he sold himself on being a development program. I'm excited about all the reports on Fitz .sounds like we have a good defense and he's a better passer now.

I love my truck so far, except it quit taking gas like the vent is stopped up. So I dropped it Monday for the cruise recall and they said they are replacing the entire gas tank . So what kind of 4 eye do you kill cones with? I have an 85 Mustang that will run again someday.
I'm in the Memphis area .

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Same color as mine.
Blue Streak Pearl
I love that color and you sir have a sexy sweet truck.
43aac8114845a96e9630e1d65a561ad0.jpg

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I think we got a good coach .Mullen was great and we wouldn't be in this place without him taking the job but he didn't seem to try to go after the top recruits. It's like he sold himself on being a development program. I'm excited about all the reports on Fitz .sounds like we have a good defense and he's a better passer now.

I love my truck so far, except it quit taking gas like the vent is stopped up. So I dropped it Monday for the cruise recall and they said they are replacing the entire gas tank . So what kind of 4 eye do you kill cones with? I have an 85 Mustang that will run again someday.
I'm in the Memphis area .

I agree. I don’t follow it as thoroughly as some, but I do believe Fitzgerald is going to be a good look for us.

I’ve got an ‘86 GT that moves mainly in pretty and cool days, lol. Lots of suspension work, with a tired engine from 1986 - until I swap in my explorer setup.
a71ec8ac82ec3baa800f3b379927347f.jpg

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. I don’t follow it as thoroughly as some, but I do believe Fitzgerald is going to be a good look for us.

I’ve got an ‘86 GT that moves mainly in pretty and cool days, lol. Lots of suspension work, with a tired engine from 1986 - until I swap in my explorer setup.
a71ec8ac82ec3baa800f3b379927347f.jpg

That's awesome . I'm working on a complete rewire and then a 351 w swap on mine. The body is straight but paint is bad. Are you on stangnet or foureyedpride? I'm droopie85gt on both.

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why has the world become some freaking incompetent? I dropped my truck off at 7AM Monday to have the U61 recall done and to have a problem with the fuel filler fixed. It wouldn't take gas. It would take only about 1/2 a gallon and the pump would click off. I tried moving the nozzle in all kinds of directions but you could see the gas backing up the neck and shutting the pump off. So Monday they don't even touch my truck. Tuesday, they do the flash, then look at the fuel tank. Decide to replace the fuel tank. Wednesday about 11 AM call me to tell me the truck is ready. I pick it up about 1 and started back to my office, about 10 miles away. I got about half way there and said, maybe I should check.

So stop to get gas and it's NOT FIXED. So I stop at 2 gallons and head back to the dealer. I asked the service writer, didn't you guys pump some gas in it?

He goes and talks to the mechanic (technician is someone who is competent) and well, NO, he just drained the gas outta my tank into a can and poured that in the new tank. Since it went in ok, it must be fixed right?
:biggun:

So yesterday they call and say they are ordering the filler neck and going to replace that. Ok great. Except even as emergency status, they don't see any in stock....but according to them, that doesn't mean anything and sometimes parts show up.

Today at 11am the service writer calls. Of the 2 parts they ordered, one will be here next Thursday or Friday and the other in 2 weeks.
I'm not mad at the guy on the phone...he's just the waiter it's the chef that screws up your meal. BUT, they can't give me a loaner...WTF....so I said is my truck apart or together? Together...fine I'll come get it.

I'm 48 years old. I'm not a genius, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on the obvious. The obvious is that to fill up a gas tank, air has to escape as the gas is being pumped in. So, I look under the truck and see the vent line. It comes out of the neck above where the nozzle would be in the neck. It snakes down and has a little solenoid where it turns from a hard metal line to a plastic line that runs to the tank.

So OBVIOUSLY the reason the tank won't take gas is because it's not venting. The dealer said the vent is built into the tank, that's why they replaced it. Well, I mean a fitting for the vent line is built into the tank but the vent is in the filler neck. SO before replacing the $1000 or $1500 or whatever gas tank, and then saying we have to replace the neck, wouldn't you think you could just figure out WHERE and WHY the vent is stopped up?

I did exactly that and fixed in in 10 minutes. I backed the drivers back tire up on a 2x4 and slid under. I disconnected the solenoid from the metal vent line. I put a piece of rubber hose on the vent line and blew. It was stopped up. I blew harder and whatever it was popped loose and air flowed freely. Just to be sure I stuck the hose in the end of the solenoid and it wasn't sealed very good so I couldn't tell for sure if it was flowing. So I sucked on the hose a bit and got a pretty good gas fume. SO I knew it was open. I hooked everything back up, ran to the gas station and put 21.5 gallons in non-stop.

I think I'll send them an invoice for my time on Monday!

:biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Thanks for wasting my time with the false callback for not actually trying to put gas in the tank from a gas pump. I told the service writer, am I supposed to carry a 5 gallon can with me and fill and empty it 4 or 5 times to fill up my truck??

InkedIMG_20180824_173837_LI.jpg InkedIMG_20180824_173853_LI.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Why has the world become some freaking incompetent? I dropped my truck off at 7AM Monday to have the U61 recall done and to have a problem with the fuel filler fixed. It wouldn't take gas. It would take only about 1/2 a gallon and the pump would click off. I tried moving the nozzle in all kinds of directions but you could see the gas backing up the neck and shutting the pump off. So Monday they don't even touch my truck. Tuesday, they do the flash, then look at the fuel tank. Decide to replace the fuel tank. Wednesday about 11 AM call me to tell me the truck is ready. I pick it up about 1 and started back to my office, about 10 miles away. I got about half way there and said, maybe I should check.

So stop to get gas and it's NOT FIXED. So I stop at 2 gallons and head back to the dealer. I asked the service writer, didn't you guys pump some gas in it?

He goes and talks to the mechanic (technician is someone who is competent) and well, NO, he just drained the gas outta my tank into a can and poured that in the new tank. Since it went in ok, it must be fixed right?

So yesterday they call and say they are ordering the filler neck and going to replace that. Ok great. Except even as emergency status, they don't see any in stock....but according to them, that doesn't mean anything and sometimes parts show up.

Today at 11am the service writer calls. Of the 2 parts they ordered, one will be here next Thursday or Friday and the other in 2 weeks.
I'm not mad at the guy on the phone...he's just the waiter it's the chef that screws up your meal. BUT, they can't give me a loaner...WTF....so I said is my truck apart or together? Together...fine I'll come get it.

I'm 48 years old. I'm not a genius, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on the obvious. The obvious is that to fill up a gas tank, air has to escape as the gas is being pumped in. So, I look under the truck and see the vent line. It comes out of the neck above where the nozzle would be in the neck. It snakes down and has a little solenoid where it turns from a hard metal line to a plastic line that runs to the tank.

So OBVIOUSLY the reason the tank won't take gas is because it's not venting. The dealer said the vent is built into the tank, that's why they replaced it. Well, I mean a fitting for the vent line is built into the tank but the vent is in the filler neck. SO before replacing the $1000 or $1500 or whatever gas tank, and then saying we have to replace the neck, wouldn't you think you could just figure out WHERE and WHY the vent is stopped up?

I did exactly that and fixed in in 10 minutes. I backed the drivers back tire up on a 2x4 and slid under. I disconnected the solenoid from the metal vent line. I put a piece of rubber hose on the vent line and blew. It was stopped up. I blew harder and whatever it was popped loose and air flowed freely. Just to be sure I stuck the hose in the end of the solenoid and it wasn't sealed very good so I couldn't tell for sure if it was flowing. So I sucked on the hose a bit and got a pretty good gas fume. SO I knew it was open. I hooked everything back up, ran to the gas station and put 21.5 gallons in non-stop.

:biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::biggun::893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Thanks for wasting my time with the false callback for not actually trying to put gas in the tank from a gas pump. I told the service writer, am I supposed to carry a 5 gallon can with me and fill and empty it 4 or 5 times to fill up my truck??

View attachment 138440 View attachment 138441
SMH! That’s crazy, glad you were able to figure it out rather then relying on those knuckleheads. Nice work.

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I picked it up Wednesday on the false alarm, they said you'll get a survey about our work. LOL I got your survey.

He went on to say we know everyone is surveyed to death so as a way of thanks for taking the survey we'll give you a free oil change.

No freaking way. I'll change it myself lest your gorillas screw that up.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6

View attachment 138440 View attachment 138441
This needs stickied!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SO, now I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the title of this thread anymore. Anyhoo. I bought a used stock hemi dual exhaust a few weeks ago. This week I ordered a dual exhaust bumper off of Ebay. I had my 17 year old help me swap bumpers this morning. It took about 2 hrs maybe. Nothing hard at all about it, other than getting the trailer connector disconnected. It fought a little. He had to go to work, so I was solo finishing up the bumper install, swapping the rear parking sensors to the new bumper and putting the wiring harness ties back into their holes.

The exhaust was a pain to swap, but not really that hard. The hardest part was getting the stock muffler off. It come out of the pipe about halfway then seemed to get stuck. I finally got a pipe wrench and grabbed it close to the muffler so as to not clamp it harder on the pipe. With some wiggling, shaking, twisting and a dash of curse words it popped off.

Putting the hemi exhaust on was a piece of cake. Maybe took 20 minutes tops! It sounds a little more aggressive, but not lot. I love the look. I really did it for the look more than anything.

I now also have a straight bumper and stock v-6 exhaust going in the for sale section.

Before:

IMG_20181027_141447.jpg

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It does look much better! When they went to the dual out setup, I can remember thinking “why didn’t they do that sooner?”

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When I picked it up Wednesday on the false alarm, they said you'll get a survey about our work. LOL I got your survey.

He went on to say we know everyone is surveyed to death so as a way of thanks for taking the survey we'll give you a free oil change.

No freaking way. I'll change it myself lest your gorillas screw that up.
It's a shame there aren't more qualified technicians out there that actually know how to troubleshoot. Mostly just jackasses with tools that swap parts until it fixes the problem.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

How did you remove the rubber hose from the vent line? I tried but it wont come off and I don't want to end up breaking something

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you talking where it connects to the hardline that goes up by the gas cap? There's plastic tabs on each side you have to squeeze them in while jiggling and pulling the connector off. You can kind of see it in the pics on the previous page of this thread.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Are you talking where it connects to the hardline that goes up by the gas cap? There's plastic tabs on each side you have to squeeze them in while jiggling and pulling the connector off. You can kind of see it in the pics on the previous page of this thread.

Yeah I got it off but I broke the Dorman fuel line clip lol ... and now I am trying to look for one at local auto zone or other stores but they don't have them lol

OP
OP
droopie85gt

droopie85gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a Pull A Part or similar junkyard nearby? Might be the easiest way to get one.