newbie to dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naomiyup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we have recently purchased a 2018 ram 5500 cab chassis with stakesides for wild land fire government contracting this season. The camera is dismal and I was hoping to replace it with a better one. When I search for one that fits they all seem to be identical, not improved. How to search for one that fits, but is better quality?

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we have recently purchased a 2018 ram 5500 cab chassis with stakesides for wild land fire government contracting this season. The camera is dismal and I was hoping to replace it with a better one. When I search for one that fits they all seem to be identical, not improved. How to search for one that fits, but is better quality?

what exactly are you looking for the camera to do?

OP
OP
naomiyup

naomiyup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clear picture (currently a bit hazy) ,back up lines, good response in low lighting, as wide a view as reasonable. I read that LUX rating is also important. The current camera is accessible, hoping to just plug a newer better one in and keep the current display screen. My reverse search of the part photo seemed to only bring up an identical camera.
Any ideas welcome.

OP
OP
naomiyup

naomiyup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is the configuration I'll need to fit current wiring

Attachments

• backup cam.jpg
    backup cam.jpg