Newbie's first Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First, I would like to say this site has been awesome to follow as I just joined after watching this site for months for mod ideas, maintenance and other ideas for my first Ram truck. I was a Ford man through and through before this truck but now I wouldn't own anything else! I haved owned my truck now a year and the mod bug won't stop biting me. I listed my current mods in my sig but any ideas for future mods is appreciated. It's not my daily driver but it's hard not to drive on impulse. Sorry this was long winded, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Great looking truck and that's a nice mod list.

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! Welcome to the Ramily man. A lot of us are converts from other car brands. I absolutely love my Ram. No going back now!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome and keep moding that truck , as for a new mod , cabin air filter is cheep , easy and makes sense too ! Tailgate assist is nice , if your interested in a lift check out 4 th Gen lifted a great source for info ! Sorry if I mentioned things in your signature, I'm on Tapatalk mobil and I can't figure out how to read full signatures.

OP
OP
S

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome and keep moding that truck , as for a new mod , cabin air filter is cheep , easy and makes sense too ! Tailgate assist is nice , if your interested in a lift check out 4 th Gen lifted a great source for info ! Sorry if I mentioned things in your signature, I'm on Tapatalk mobil and I can't figure out how to read full signatures.

Very good ideas for small mods. I might do the cabin filter this week. I plan on running a 3" PA body lift and upgrading my tires to 35in trail grapplers or cooper sst's. Also plan on getting an 87mm throttle body in the near future as well. So many options out there it makes it hard to decide what mods to do first lol.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Very good ideas for small mods. I might do the cabin filter this week. I plan on running a 3" PA body lift and upgrading my tires to 35in trail grapplers or cooper sst's. Also plan on getting an 87mm throttle body in the near future as well. So many options out there it makes it hard to decide what mods to do first lol.

If you do the cabin filter, get the more expensive reusable one. It allows better airflow. The airflow with the disposable filter felt kinda weak when I did mine, but it was still adequate. After I changed over to the reusable, it perked right back up and the A/C was closer to its previous "freeze your nuts solid in 5 seconds" status.

soldiercowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l 4x4 Tradesman crew cab
You have been saved from the "Ford Devils" lol I switched about 7 yrs ago from Chevy I will not buy anything else Dodge Ram Mopar all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A

OP
OP
S

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do the cabin filter, get the more expensive reusable one. It allows better airflow. The airflow with the disposable filter felt kinda weak when I did mine, but it was still adequate. After I changed over to the reusable, it perked right back up and the A/C was closer to its previous "freeze your nuts solid in 5 seconds" status.

Thanks for that heads up lol, I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow so I'll get that done when I come back. Might be all the money I have left for mods is the filter lol.

OP
OP
S

Stlram21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have been saved from the "Ford Devils" lol I switched about 7 yrs ago from Chevy I will not buy anything else Dodge Ram Mopar all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A

Haha, my whole family drives mopar now. Our driveway was all ford until about 1.5yr ago and we all feel the same way you do.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another mod you may be interested in is the oil filter relocation kit , not for me but it's not a bad idea , there's also a draincock and tube kit for engine oil pan ,