nitrous outlet dual stage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
what if i stick to the stand alone later and just stick to upgrading fuel pump now im sure it will be less expensive thelat stand alone sounds like a great idea but not something i want to try right now

If that's the route you want to go then I'd get the Aeromotive Stealth 255lpm pump, drop the fuel tank, and pull the basket. With the basket puled you need to remove the pump and filter assembly from the basket, you should be able to get the Stealth's pump outlet into the oem fuel line if not a small length of hose will work. Make sure you use a filter sock on the inlet of the pump. I tried to find some pics of my original setup but I got seriously screwed by photobucket.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah, photobucket. ********.

I lost hundreds of pictures of my 3 year long restoration of a 1969 Honda CB750 motorcycle that my father and I worked on when I was 16. And my 74 kawi.

Back on topic, if you're not going to run a standalone and use a Stealth instead , I would definitely invest in a fuel pressure safety switch, as well as fuel and nitrous pressure gauges if you don't already have them. Also, the use of high octane fuel is highly recommended. I'm not sure of the laws governing it's purchase and use in California (where one can only assume you're located by username).

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If that's the route you want to go then I'd get the Aeromotive Stealth 255lpm pump, drop the fuel tank, and pull the basket. With the basket puled you need to remove the pump and filter assembly from the basket, you should be able to get the Stealth's pump outlet into the oem fuel line if not a small length of hose will work. Make sure you use a filter sock on the inlet of the pump. I tried to find some pics of my original setup but I got seriously screwed by photobucket.

the only thing i found for 255 is walbro
cant find anything on the aeromotive stealth 255lph
if you can provide a part# that would help me alot thanks
and picture will definitely help alot

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah, photobucket. ********.

I lost hundreds of pictures of my 3 year long restoration of a 1969 Honda CB750 motorcycle that my father and I worked on when I was 16. And my 74 kawi.

Back on topic, if you're not going to run a standalone and use a Stealth instead , I would definitely invest in a fuel pressure safety switch, as well as fuel and nitrous pressure gauges if you don't already have them. Also, the use of high octane fuel is highly recommended. I'm not sure of the laws governing it's purchase and use in California (where one can only assume you're located by username).

i have a fuel pressure safety switch that came on the kit never installed did not know how to install and if you refer to this then is just waitting around with a 4an manifold idont know if mine is a high pressure or a low pressure switch

https://www.coloradospeed.com/nitro...ch-high-pressure-w-6-an-manifold-p-31020.html

i have nitrous pressure gauges for both my bottles

do not have fuel pressure gauges thoe.

i cannot use pump gas 91 for dual stage?

the only thing close by is racing fuel 100octane unleaded which is goin to be my best option

and 110leaded but leaded will kill sensors

so can i stick to pump 91 or i have no other choice and have to go with 100octane unleaded those are my options here

and yes im from california crazy rules outhere

Last edited:

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have a fuel pressure safety switch that came on the kit never installed did not know how to install and if you refer to this then is just waitting around with a 4an manifold idont know if mine is a high pressure or a low pressure switch

https://www.coloradospeed.com/nitro...ch-high-pressure-w-6-an-manifold-p-31020.html

i have nitrous pressure gauges for both my bottles

do not have fuel pressure gauges thoe.

i cannot use pump gas 91 for dual stage?

the only thing close by is racing fuel 100octane unleaded which is goin to be my best option

and 110leaded but leaded will kill sensors

so can i stick to pump 91 or i have no other choice and have to go with 100octane unleaded those are my options here

and yes im from california crazy rules outhere

A fuel pressure safety switch is wired in to the arming circuit for the nitrous system, on The 12V wire that goes from the arming switch in the cab to the relays that provide power to the solenoids. You wire it in, and when you arm the system, as long as fuel pressure is above the lower limit that you set, it allows power to the relays to arm the system. It should be wired in on the same branch as the WOT switch. Basically, if fuel pressure drops below the pressure you set, it will turn off the nitrous system to prevent damage from leaning out.

No, I would strongly recommend against using pump 91 or 93 octane on anything over 200hp of nitrous. You can make 100 octane work, just keep the timing conservative and run the right plugs. You would need the Brisk 12rr plugs at the minimum, more than 225 and I'd run 14rr plugs. Who is tuning the truck?

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A fuel pressure safety switch is wired in to the arming circuit for the nitrous system, on The 12V wire that goes from the arming switch in the cab to the relays that provide power to the solenoids. You wire it in, and when you arm the system, as long as fuel pressure is above the lower limit that you set, it allows power to the relays to arm the system. It should be wired in on the same branch as the WOT switch. Basically, if fuel pressure drops below the pressure you set, it will turn off the nitrous system to prevent damage from leaning out.

No, I would strongly recommend against using pump 91 or 93 octane on anything over 200hp of nitrous. You can make 100 octane work, just keep the timing conservative and run the right plugs. You would need the Brisk 12rr plugs at the minimum, more than 225 and I'd run 14rr plugs. Who is tuning the truck?

ok makes sense......

i already have the brisk er14s installed

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'd better get used to pulling spark plugs, cause at that level you're going to need to do it a lot to read the plugs and make sure all is well. It sucks, but it saves engines.