No brake pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2004 1500 5.7L
I changed all 4 calipers.
Bleed the lines in sequence
Had the ABS bleed cause I do not have a scanner.
The truck is still at the shop the bleed the ABS. We cannot figure out why the brake paddle still goes to the floor.
When bleeding the lines, there is some pressure but not much.
The booster, and ABS worked fine before changing all the calipers.

Any thoughts?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Simple system really how come you changed calipers was this a issue before with no pressure? If not you still have air in the line or something was installed wrong with one of the calipers/defective. If it was a issue before and that's why you changed calipers I would say master cylinder.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did the master cyLinder go empty during any of this work .? It will need to be bled also. May want to start the process over .

Elvira

Reaction score
I have seen in many cases that when you do make the master cyl piston travel farther than normal...the seal will get deformed or torn from a ridge created in the cylinder. You can try bleeding the master, but you may have to replace it. It does sound like the fluid is by-passing the piston internally.

OP
OP
A

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Simple system really how come you changed calipers was this a issue before with no pressure? If not you still have air in the line or something was installed wrong with one of the calipers/defective. If it was a issue before and that's why you changed calipers I would say master cylinder.
I had to change the calipers because two were defective. There was normal pressure before changing them. The truck is still at the service center and they are almost ready to raise the white flag.

OP
OP
A

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the master cyLinder go empty during any of this work .? It will need to be bled also. May want to start the process over .
The master cylinder did not go empty. I have bleed the lines in sequence and the service shop that it is at bleed them as well.

OP
OP
A

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen in many cases that when you do make the master cyl piston travel farther than normal...the seal will get deformed or torn from a ridge created in the cylinder. You can try bleeding the master, but you may have to replace it. It does sound like the fluid is by-passing the piston internally.
Thanks for the information, (thanks to everyone) I'm gonna call the shop today and give this information to them. Thanks again

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to change the calipers because two were defective. There was normal pressure before changing them. The truck is still at the service center and they are almost ready to raise the white flag.
It sounds like you need a new shop if they cant figure out brakes lol.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get your truck back and be sure to get all of your money back. You should also demand that they tow your vehicle to your desired destination and they cover the cost.

OP
OP
A

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am trying. Thanks for the response. It is still sitting at the shop. They told me I can keep it there without storage fees, until I get it towed to a dealer. I did not want to bring it to the dealer, but I need my freaking truck back, and don't want to deal with a shop that can't fix it

OP
OP
A

a3fins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2004 1500 5.7L
I changed all 4 calipers.
Bleed the lines in sequence
Had the ABS bleed cause I do not have a scanner.
The truck is still at the shop the bleed the ABS. We cannot figure out why the brake paddle still goes to the floor.
When bleeding the lines, there is some pressure but not much.
The booster, and ABS worked fine before changing all the calipers.

Any thoughts?
RESOLVED. I will first say it myself. "What a *******". There I said it. I am only posting this cause I do not want people to make the same mistake I did. Cause my pride is hurt. :sad72: Yes I messed up! I am ready for the insults. hahahaha. I had the front calipers reversed so the bleeders we on the bottom. However, I know I am a *******, but I did not expect the first service center to be a ********* like me. Anyway, note to self make sure the bleeder valves are on top! I got the truck back to my house and switched them up. Working perfect. I was told by a second service center what the issue was. I told them I'll pay the diagnosis fee and fix it myself. UGH!!!