No heat really sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so I could use some advice. My heat in my 98 only gets lukewarm and that's not going to cut it in Indiana winters. I have tried back flushing my heater core and both lines get hot so I know there is flow. I have heard there are problems with the heater blend door? I'm not certain where it is. I certainly don't want to have to yank the dash to get to the heater core and it doesn't seem warranted here.

Any advice you can give is welcome.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The blend door is underneath the glove box and to the left. It's in a difficult spot to work with. If you back flushed and the lines were hot then it sounds like the heater core if most likely out.

Sent from the howitzer

himwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same problem with my 2000 ram 5.2l, has new heater core and new thermostat did not fix mine.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Turn fan down and switch temp knob all the way each way several times and listen closely for sounds of it actuating. I'd you don't hear anything your blend door is probably not moving.

Mine happened to just be sick and working it back and forth several times fixed it. Don't know why lol