HEAT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AIRLORDD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 6.4
i have a 2017 6.4 RAM 2500. It cools well but there seems to be very little heat when you push the temp up. Truck has 106600 milesdoesnt matter if you turn the fan up it still gives very little heat. even if you go into the 80's it still blows vry little heat.. Temp gauge is right about the middle of the gauge. the engine and the antifreeze are both hot (normal). could it be air in the line ? dealer replaced the oveerflow bottle and something under the intake. ideas?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have working heat before the dealer worked on it? Or is that why you took it to the dealer?

Might need to do a heater core flush, maybe a blend door issue?

could be a few things

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
After your truck has been sitting still until the engine is cold
Look at the water pump, there is a metal plug, that can only be turned with an Allen Wrench.
Remove that plug & add coolant to the radiator, until coolant starts coming out of that hole.
When water comes out, all of the AIR should be out of the system, you might check it again after a week

chavasaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
turbo diesel
Good morning,
i have a 2017 ram 3500 turbo diesel, this week i noticed there was minimum heat coming out of my heater (winter just arrived) ...so i checked for what could be wrong....blower motor, coolant level, leaks, none of those are the issue, got a coolant flush (pressure was checked in the system and came back normal) and im still experiencing no heat in my truck..... my truck isnt overheatin, my heater core seems to be fine since i have no coolant smell in my cab or wet spots in my passenger side.....sooo WTF.... does anyone have any possible idea of what may be wrong. Thank you everyone