No reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did a search and couldn't find a post on this.

I just bought a 2008 Mega Cab Hemi and noticed the reverse lights are out. I checked both bulbs and they looked good. I read some where that it could be the neutral safety switch on the tranny. Well, I checked and there seems to be 2 or 3 connectors on it. Can anyone tell me which one is the neutral safety switch? Or what I should be looking for first? Thanks.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

indybp57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram Quad Cab 2WD
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the simple stuff first, like the taillight socket assemblies. Pull the bulbs and make sure the socket is not rusted or corroded, especially if you notice condensation inside the taillight lens. I had to replace one on my '04 for inoperative reverse light. The socket was $29 at the dealer.

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i agree with indybp57

My old 98 ram had the same issues it turned out to be 2 bad sockets for the reverse light
what i did was stripped a piece off of the wires to the socket for the reverslight But without cutting the wire just stripping off enough skin to where u could touch another wire on it and i put the truck in reverse and touched the 2 wires from an extra spot light to the 2 wires i stripped going to the socket and she lit! which then showed me it was a bad socket,
i just got a couple of sockets at the local junkyard and then she was good to go

hope this helps

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
i had the same problem with my truck and its the sockets that have died on mine... they can be replaced from ebay fairly cheap if u wanna buy new sockets

PutinRUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Check your rear tail lights wiring. Both of my tail lights just went out on my 2002 ram 1500, after giving wiring a closer look i found that one of the pins on both sides were simply out, stuck em back in and woala! My rear lights worked as a charm. One thing i'd recommend is to zip tie all your wiring nice and tight closer to your body so even if snow gets in underneath, it wont pull your wires out like what happened in my case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendo99