No start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings turbo diesel
Hi Thanks for the add I have a 2006 Dodge Pick Up Truck with the Cummings Turbo Diesel engine Today I took a short trip everything was fine I went to start it to go home and nothing no click no nothing I got a jump start and no change It acts like I am trying to start it in gear Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks so much

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
When you turn the key on, do the dash lights light up? If so, when you turn the key to the start position, do the lights stay on, go dark or dim? If the dash lights don't come on, check your battery cables at both ends. Also, check fuses. If it's an automatic, try cycling the shifter in and out of gear a couple times. Maybe the neutral safety switch is hung up. If manual tranny, cycle the clutch pedal a few times. Also, not sure if you have to have your foot on the brakes to start, but check that switch as well. Just a few ideas you may or may not have already checked. Please let us know your findings so we can continue to help or know it's fixed.

OP
OP
C

Conard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings turbo diesel
Thanks for the reply I have done all the things you listed no results One thing I left out is that the key fob will not lock or unlock the doors when I push the button I did change the battery in it no change Could my problem be there ?

OP
OP
C

Conard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings turbo diesel
The make of Diesel it has Or are you trying to be funny instead of helping me with the issue

OP
OP
C

Conard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummings turbo diesel
After thinking about the first reply I thought why not go out and clean the hell out of the battery connections...…… Well I did and it works fine now So I did one of two things one The cables were too dirty to make proper contact They were not that dirty in my opinion Or in disconnecting the truck from it's power I re set something I guess we will find out soon A special Thank You to Johnny Mac for the help Happy Memorial Day to all Be Safe

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The make of Diesel it has Or are you trying to be funny instead of helping me with the issue
Not trying to be anything....but I'm gonna guess you meant:

d826aa24cca595c0e8789dbb09218ef0.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
After thinking about the first reply I thought why not go out and clean the hell out of the battery connections...…… Well I did and it works fine now So I did one of two things one The cables were too dirty to make proper contact They were not that dirty in my opinion Or in disconnecting the truck from it's power I re set something I guess we will find out soon A special Thank You to Johnny Mac for the help Happy Memorial Day to all Be Safe

Glad you got it fixed. It's a good feeling to not have to take it to a shop. Very well could have been either. I would tend towards the ECU needed a reboot, because seems that with usually a poor battery connection you'd get a click or something. Just the heavy draw of the starter that fails. With it not doing anything at all, makes sense the ECU was T/U. Good luck and hope no more issues. Thanks for letting us know.