No start, No run condition for 2007 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dimler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
With the help of my alldatadiy subscription I was able to determine the wireless ignition module (WIM) was causing the no start, no run condition. Information from alldatadiy allowed me to verify the WIM is the issue.
After following those directions, the truck will now start and run, but they also say the WIN should be replaced. Has anyone had this issue and did you replace the WIN or not? If you did not replace the WIN, has the issue reoccurred?

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Better off posting in 4th or 5th generation forums. As far as I know 3rd gen trucks don't wireless ignition stock.

Sorry, I just saw you were posting about a 2007. Please ignore my above remarks...Thanks

Mike

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Better off posting in 4th or 5th generation forums. As far as I know 3rd gen trucks don't wireless ignition stock.

Sorry, I just saw you were posting about a 2007. Please ignore my above remarks...Thanks

Mike
3rd gen is from 02,03-08, they made a change in 06-08 but still are 3rd gens.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
With the help of my alldatadiy subscription I was able to determine the wireless ignition module (WIM) was causing the no start, no run condition. Information from alldatadiy allowed me to verify the WIM is the issue.
After following those directions, the truck will now start and run, but they also say the WIN should be replaced. Has anyone had this issue and did you replace the WIN or not? If you did not replace the WIN, has the issue reoccurred?
Could you post those directions for others that have this issue?

OP
OP
D

Dimler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
To verify the wireless ignition module, also known as the sentry key remote entry module, is causing the no start, no run condition a scan tool will indicate the module is not able to communicate over the CAN B bus or you can access the connector on the module and test for voltage on the CAN B bus connections. On my 2007 Ram is was the white wire and the white/orange wire. Once verified and key removed, remove the IOD, Ignition Off Draw, fuse. Wait 20 to 30 seconds and insert fuse. Try to start the vehicle, if it starts you have identified a faulty module. The recommendation is to replace it.
Hope this helps.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
To verify the wireless ignition module, also known as the sentry key remote entry module, is causing the no start, no run condition a scan tool will indicate the module is not able to communicate over the CAN B bus or you can access the connector on the module and test for voltage on the CAN B bus connections. On my 2007 Ram is was the white wire and the white/orange wire. Once verified and key removed, remove the IOD, Ignition Off Draw, fuse. Wait 20 to 30 seconds and insert fuse. Try to start the vehicle, if it starts you have identified a faulty module. The recommendation is to replace it.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for posting that, I'm sure it will help people, probably me too in the future.