Noob with a question.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Death flash? Mine has a sticker on the core support that says the pcm was flashed ....

OP
OP
BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yes it doew....how can I have it reflashed? Dealer? Also it threw a code #PO420 and says cat efficiency beloe threshold bank 1. Plugged CAT?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get you a superchips tuner and you can fix the death flash yourself. All it really is where the dealer ******** the timing to reduce pinging.You will need to get a Superchips tuner to advance the timing...

OP
OP
BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'll check into that....brake parts should be in tomorrow, but not sure when I can get it in to do it.....getting my 4 week old boy baptized this weekend so I'm pretty booked lol. I did notice driving it, that it doesn't just pull to the left when braking...it pulls left and when you let off it slings you back to the right. I ordered brake hoses and both calipers....calipers were like 22 bucks a piece so I'll just replace them while I'm at it. I just have to get the metal lines off and take them to my parts guy....he has poly coated lines on rolls. He'll bend them to match mine, and then only charge me by the food instead of messing with plain steel lines....Pennsylvania uses this damn brine on the roads that just rots everything apart.

OP
OP
BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Plenum kit ordered last night...what's this keggar mod I've heard about?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That is where you take the insides of the keggar intake and grind down the runners for more air.

OP
OP
BennyLumpkin

BennyLumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Intake Kit Done, Keggar Mod Done, Found out it has a throttle body spacer, runs great now! That kit from Hughes was pretty easy. I had two evenings in it. Alot of the steps in the DIY section didn't need done. I didn't remove the fan shroud, overflow bottle or any of that and I didn't take the injectors or rails out...I was just careful. After doing the keggar mod I ended up putting the intake in the sink in the shop and douching it with scrubbing bubbles and engine degreaser inside to get the aluminum shavings and all the oil buidup out of it. Looked new when I was done. Blew it out with air and let it sit form last night, till tonight when I got home and put it together. Thanks for the info guys!