NV3500 ReManufactured Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2L
I bought my 2nd gen in 2012 at the age of 16 at 97k miles. I love this truck and I will never sell her, I put a Rock Auto Clutch t 145k miles, that AMS Clutch just blew at 193k miles. I had a bell housing bolt back out last summer, 189k ish miles and displaced the oil filter, all of a sudden I lost oil pressure because said bell housing bolt cranked on the filter to the point it lost its seal. Problem solved in an Advance Auto parking lot with Lock Tight on the bell housing bolt and an oil change.

Thee weeks ago I pulled the truck out of winter storage (I live in Syracuse NY) and I dropped it into third to pass a Semi, like normal, then went for forth, and the clutch drug, I knew I broke something. Mind you I have owned this truck for 9 years, 100k miles, I know these 5.2's and NV3500's in and out. I threw the clutch hung up, I kneww it. Stock is an 11in, at 145k I put in a Rock Auto AMS 12in Clutch in, I was in my first year of collage and diddnt have much money, $165 clutch, $100 Fly wheel. \

Back to the transmission, I pulled it today (5/4/2020) I found a 5 inch crack in the bell housing from the bolt that displaced my oil filter. the transmission case is shot, 193k, it still shifts fine but the case is shot. After blowing the Rock Auto clutch I ordered a South Bend 12in, I considered a junkyard 5 speed NV3500 for $300, then $150 in seals and fluids, $500 total w/o the clutch.

This is my first truck and its not rusty,I sealed the motor at 165K miles, It doeasnt leak a drop, I'm a maintenance freak, I need to find a new transmission, my current case is trashed,I have about $1,600 to sand on a new transmission, any suggestions? I found an X-treme Performance NV-3500 remanufactured for $895, after shipping it will be $1100. I have a South Band Clutch ready for a brand new transmission.