Odd Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedoutRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just looked at mine and all 4 are on the hood, not the rubber itself. But even then. My sound doesn't sound like bumper/hood related. Mine sounds more of a brake/balljoint problem. Truck has 2,*** miles on the truck. When I hit bumps it sometimes makes a sound, sometimes it doesn't. When I am hitting a bump and braking it will rattle, and the brakes/steering feels really weak. I am going to have the dealer check it out this weekend. With my luck they will find nothing wrong and when I leave the issue will continue to happen. It's scary sometimes.

SgtK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Placed that huge $4.50 order for these pieces (plus 1 extra of each). All four of mine are MIA. I hope this cures the issue as I was/am fearing front end work if this does not fix the rattle.

mjpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well damn, I would never have thought of the hood but it seems to have worked. My rattle (more of an occasional "clank") has been driving me nuts for the past 2-3 months. I just checked the plastic films and they're in place, but the 2 posts that they land on are adjustable. A quarter turn counter clockwise raised them up slightly and no more rattle! I had been sure it was coming from the passenger area somewhere: in the passenger seat, in the pillar between the front and rear door, in the glovebox. I literally never would have found it without this thread, thank you! :favorites13:

OP
OP
W

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Well damn, I would never have thought of the hood but it seems to have worked. My rattle (more of an occasional "clank") has been driving me nuts for the past 2-3 months. I just checked the plastic films and they're in place, but the 2 posts that they land on are adjustable. A quarter turn counter clockwise raised them up slightly and no more rattle! I had been sure it was coming from the passenger area somewhere: in the passenger seat, in the pillar between the front and rear door, in the glovebox. I literally never would have found it without this thread, thank you! :favorites13:

Glad to help. Talk about a case of the sound not matching the source, right? Whodathunkit?

Valhakar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L/Aisin 6 speed
When my wife is not in the passenger seat, the whole seat back rattles due to the stiff suspension on my 3500. Drives me nuts but I can't figure out how to stop it. The rattle is due to the seat back bouncing when the suspension hits a jiggly bit.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
When my wife is not in the passenger seat, the whole seat back rattles due to the stiff suspension on my 3500. Drives me nuts but I can't figure out how to stop it. The rattle is due to the seat back bouncing when the suspension hits a jiggly bit.

My 2500 does the same thing.:crazy:

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for this post, I thought I was hearing things because my wife keeps saying she can't hear anything. I'll be investigating today for sure.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This I what I have going on, it's as if something is barely loose somewhere. And I only hear it on acceleration

Sent from the MOPAR gods!
I had the same issue and the dealer fixed it. Resolution was an improperly torqued exhaust clamp from the factory.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be attached to the bumper or the hood but I'm missing the one on the drivers side which is the side my rattle is coming from.

View attachment 24932
Can you back this picture out? I'm having trouble placing this on my truck...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you back this picture out? I'm having trouble placing this on my truck...

Yeah sure. These actually go on the bottom of the hood. I just happened to find the one in the picture on the rubber bumper...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heres where they go. There are two different types, the round one and the rectangular one.

Attachments

• 20151216_194147.jpg
    20151216_194147.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 110

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ha, I thought those were left over packaging! I can't remember if they are still there. Thanks for the picture. I'll check in the daylight.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha, I thought those were left over packaging! I can't remember if they are still there. Thanks for the picture. I'll check in the daylight.

Yeah I thought the same thing. One of mine came off and I actually took the other 3 off. Man was that a bad idea. Ordered some new ones and it quieted the squeaking right up.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine are missing ,all 4. Where do I order them from? Thanks in advance. I know what happened, when my truck was rust proofed there was excess product left under the hood. I took a rag and wiped it down and in doing so I wiped the plastics off. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time but that was a big mistake.

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The part numbers are 68185697AA for the smaller round ones, and 68092751AA for the larger rectangular ones. I ordered and extra set of them just in case they come off again.
Here are the part numbers. I ordered mine from the dealership. I got an extra set because they don't stay on very well...

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow washed my truck today and checked these out while I was cleaning under hood. They were all trying to come off. I put them back in place and will check next week.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow washed my truck today and checked these out while I was cleaning under hood. They were all trying to come off. I put them back in place and will check next week.
The adhesive on the back of those films sucks. When I put mine back on I cleaned the bottom of the hood with Windex and alcohol and they are starting to move around and come off again...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm thinking some 3M product could serve the same purpose...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It very well could. Plus you could cut it to a larger size and it may stay better..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88