OE Bumper Mount Inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here it is... probably the dumbest question, but I'm hoping someone has the answer.

My OE bumper on my 2006 Ram 1500 SLT was bent, a friend of mine has several 3rd Gen leftovers from his fleet trucks. I snagged a couple from him. One is chrome and just like my OE, the other is the painted skin version.

Anyway, I noted the brackets were different as they came from a 2500, not the 1500. 3 of 4 holes were present to mount using, the 4th needed drilled. I have it installed, and I'm curious if I maybe have my brackets 180 degrees from what they should be. I have a slant in the bumper where it is "falling" from the wheel well.

Does anyone know if these were designed not just left right but top bottom and that by mounting them 180 degrees from proper, would create this??

I'm probably going to tear it down ASAP to confirm because it's driving me nuts... Just curious if I made a bonehead mistake, or maybe there's an issue with the bumper or truck.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Never mind. That only adjusted mount height, not angle. Turns out my plates on the bumper are bent... a lil sledge hammer tlc helped some, but it's obvious I need new ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Scat Pack Forums mobile app