OE Camera Interference w/Aftrmkt Lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRam5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I had installed the Auxbeam 42 inch 240W CREE Combo Curved LED Light Bar (5D Projector Len), and its interfering with my OE reverse camera with static when both are on.

The lightbar was a clean straight forward install from what I was told so not sure why this would happen, any ideas?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a pic of your screen with this static

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you get radio interference as well?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh wow that really is bad

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hmmm could be a grounding issue perhaps. They ran a switch into the cab for the lightbar I take it? Maybe it ran in behind the radio and it's causing interference due to the draw on the switch (did they use a relay?). Since you had it installed somewhere kind of hard to troubleshoot it may be worth just bringing it back, show them, have the disconnect and then check to make sure the interference is gone. Troubleshoot from there.

Edit: The lightbar is on the tailgate? My bad, thought at first it was a lightbar up front but then saw how bright the video is. I'm going to guess they are running the power line right up against the wiring for the tailgate camera.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are also getting radio interference I believe you can use a ferrite filter. However, I have no idea if that would resolve your camera issue, never have run across any discussion on that.

OP
OP
JRam5.7

JRam5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Lightbar is up front (but i do have the OPT7 LED rear lightbar) and yes they ran to a power button next the new camera button and thru "their own" relay. The lightbar came with a relay but they decided to use their own bcuz it was easier... then tried to charge for me it. SMH

PS; Going back to installer on Wed. I also have ghosting when the camera is activated, so they shipped me a new harness.

Last edited:

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lightbar is up front (but i do have the OPT7 LED rear lightbar) and yes they ran to a power button next the new camera button and thru "their own" relay. The lightbar came with a relay but they decided to use their own bcuz it was easier... then tried to charge for me it. SMH

PS; Going back to installer on Wed. I also have ghosting when the camera is activated, so they shipped me a new harness.
Not sure what you mean by "... Power button next the new camera button" you have a switch for the camera? In any event hope this place didn't charge you too much

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree your issues are probably with their wiring.....just for comparison, my front light bar runs thru a relay with a separate switch in the cab, the harness came with my RC light bar and I have no interference. I also have a small 8" light bar in the back that I wired to my trailer harness wiring with no relay/switch so it comes on anytime the truck is in reverse. Its also an RC light bar and I have no interference.

OP
OP
JRam5.7

JRam5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Not sure what you mean by "... Power button next the new camera button" you have a switch for the camera? In any event hope this place didn't charge you too much

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I purchased two new power latching buttons to power up the lightbar and the front camera. They are next to each other under the shifter dial.

I didnt pay for their relay. I installed the lightbar and mounted camera myself, they just wired it all up... 150 plus tip.