OEM Alarm ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
2015 RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4

I am talking about the Basic Alarm that goes off if door is unlocked and opened w/o the key FOB.
In the manual it says push lock button 3 times ,
A little red light blinks in the gauge cluster !
So no blinking light no setting of horn alarm !
Confused yet lol I suck at explaining things !
Had my RAM 2 years and thought it worked at first ! I really do not need it living in the sticks but I do go out of state to Ct. or Ma// so might be a plus :)
So now I am thinking it would be nice to have working !
A while ago the service advisor asked a tech and they say they do not have one :O Even my cheap HHR has one lol SO would a re flash bring it back ?
Was it really there or am I senile ?
FYI it was a Enterprise rental if that matters as I know some options not there on rentals !

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Head over to the AlfaOBD thread and look at the documents linked on the op. You can enable it yourself.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Head over to the AlfaOBD thread and look at the documents linked on the op. You can enable it yourself.

M² Mods.
I have the I Phone not a Android, so no go for me on the Alfa OBD

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Look for a cheap Android tablet... Well worth the money.

M² Mods.
Good idea.. I read that add and wow :) Does the phone have to be activated or can it be used just as a tool

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good idea.. I read that add and wow :) Does the phone have to be activated or can it be used just as a tool

Pretty sure my 16 bighorn doesn't have any alarm thingy, just the panic button on the fog. Not sure what I need a panic button for.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
An old Android phone will work fine. Being close enough to the house WiFi is helpful to be able to upload your starting BCM config to Google drive and is highly recommended. If you don't have a Google account/gdrive get it just for this to avoid any headaches.

** All 13-18 trucks have the option of enabling the alarm. It's built into the BCM.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
An old Android phone will work fine. Being close enough to the house WiFi is helpful to be able to upload your starting BCM config to Google drive and is highly recommended. If you don't have a Google account/gdrive get it just for this to avoid any headaches.

** All 13-18 trucks have the option of enabling the alarm. It's built into the BCM.

M² Mods.
Thank You. I thought they had that basic alarm. Must have lost the code's during one of the updates ! I do have a Google account so I may just get the program ! Not sure as all I want to do is activate the alarm ! But who know s lol Thank You for you time and info

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 10” Samsung android tablet that has WiFi and use that for my AlfaOBD. I always wanted one and it’s great, I hardly use my laptop and PC because it’s much easier to grab the tablet and sit in a recliner to use lol. Get the AlfaOBD, there’s so much you can do with your truck it’s unbelievable

I activated my factory alarm in my 2017, took one simple change.

Search using VTA (Vehicle theft alarm)

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-402