Adding shock sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Ames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So im looking to add a shock sensor to my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn. I have a Directed Electronics 504D Stinger shock sensor. Apperently I need to tap the door trigger wire to allow it to function with my factory alarm. Where is the easiest place to find it and what color wire is it. (color blind). My son will be the one doing it im just trying to get the information to help as best as I can since Im one handed after my accident. (cut all nerves to hand) Any and all help will be appreciated

curry7500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever figure out the color of the door wire you were asking about. I am getting ready to add a shock sensor to my truck. All information is appreciated.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think the wire is pink and it's looking for a ground to indicate that the door is open/shock sensor.
You'll need a way to stop the shock sensor from triggering while driving or the vehicle will constantly tell you the door is open.

There is a shock sensor made for adding to the OEM Alarm:
Megatronix UPS Add-On Shock Sensor To Factory OEM Car Alarm Security Systems https://a.co/d/8BRb5I3